cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No long distance add on" issue

DGVictoria
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Dear @Shazia_K, @Jeremy_M, @Mary_M, @Val_T, @Brooke_C, and @Caroline_D,

Last Sunday I signed up for the $40 promo (unlimited province-wide / 12GB / global text), purchased a long distance add-on ($15/400min), and had my number port over. I can log into my online account just fine, and can place calls to *611.

Unfortunately, that's all I can do. Every time I try to make any other call (local or long distance), I get a recording stating that I have not purchased a long distance add-on. Text messaging doesn't work, nor does data. Also tried the SIM card in another phone that's been working with Public Mobile, but I get the same issue.

My previous provider has deactivated my old SIM, so the issue is clearly on the PM side.

Can someone please assist? It's been 10 days since I first contacted you, and I've been trying to regularly follow up via private message, the ticket submission form, and through this online community - and have had no response whatsoever.

4 REPLIES 4

DGVictoria

Yup - tried calling local numbers, long distance numbers, even voicemail - nothing works, nor can I receive any calls. Also cant send texts or use data.

The one thing that does work is calling *611!

advnews
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Have you tried putting a "1" in front of the number you are trying to call?

DGVictoria

My credit card was charged, the correct plan was applied (with funds debited), and my online account appears to be identical to a friend using Public Mobile successfully. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

When you log in does it show an amount of available funds?  I am wondering if your account has the money available and a glitch hasn't picked a plan.  But that doesn't make much sense if htey ahve ported your number.  I hope a mod gets back to you quickly and gets this figured out for you

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.