cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No connection"

pjpatten
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there anything more I should try before replacing my SIM card? I have reset all network settings. It looks like my Wi-Fi is connected, but the phone still tells me "No connection" and I can't send/receive texts or phone calls.

9 REPLIES 9

@pjpatten   So the issue is only with calls/texts and not data (you mentioned WIFI)?  It might a good idea to also check (re-enter, if necessary) the APN settings, just in case..

Good luck, if it was caused by the person attempting to fix your battery issue, hopefully they can fix it or at least compensate you fairly for something they may have done

pjpatten

Have tried all those helpful ideas, and the service is running fine on my laptop. I'm going to give the battery-changer another chance to take the new battery out, check that everything else is properly connected/etc?, and see what the future holds. Thank you, Everyone, for your ideas and support!

@pjpatten   Glad the phone is not blacklisted

If you now put  the SIM back to the original phone, does it work?

If still fails, do you have another active SIM to test the phone?

Make sure the OS is up-to-date, then you might want to try Factory Reset the phone with the PM SIM inside and see if it works

what brand and model is your phone?

pjpatten

It's not blacklisted and thank you for pointing me in that direction. I had not thought of that possibility. We tried the SIM card in another phone... no problems encountered. Thank you for the ideas, though. I appreciate them!

pjpatten

Oh, yes. This is a new problem but not a new phone or SIM card. It happened after they changed the battery due to need to abnormally frequently need to recharge it. But a good check, nonetheless. Thanks!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

I'll state the obvious, @pjpatten 

After you acquired the PM SIM card, did you activate it by clicking activate on the top of the page?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@pjpatten   Do 2 things:

1. Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

2. If it is not blacklisted, good.  Then  put your PM SIM in another phone and see if it works.  If you don't have another phone around, go to a Mobile store like Walmart and ask them to try.   If it still not work  on another phone, you can then buy a new SIM card there as well

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Did you check if your account is still Active (self-serving)?

Try one of these remedies:

- Reboot device

- Reset network connections

- Toggle airplane mode on/off

- Re-seat - remove SIM for a few minutes and then reinsert SIM card back

- Ensure device is compatible and not locked to another carrier or blacklisted

Can you try your SIM in another phone? It could be SIM failure or your phone is giving up. Could be even temporary service outage in your area.

Let us know, please!

Need Help? Let's chat.