cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Moved" Posts

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just wondering if it is possible to remove original posts once they have been moved to the proper forum. Maybe it is just me but I find the originals just seem to clutter things up but perhaps others find them useful.

I did try to find if there was a way to filter these out just on my display but couldn't find a way to do that. Maybe there is a way and someone can enlighten me on how to do it. 

If it can't/shouldn't be done according to most people well that's fine. I'll live with it but some days almost half the new posts is some forums are "moved" ones.

Thanks everyone. Have a great day.

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@fujiyama 

Well i posted here and went from 6654 to 6655 then i posted in the lounge and went to 6656 so it it looks like it doesn't affect post count. Only your bravo count goes down. That answers a lot of questions about what does or does not count. This would probably be of great interest to @Anonymous since he is very concerned about post counts and accounts and who has what and what for....so now he knows too!

lol I'm only concerned about the abuse of post counts. I'm not the one spending all the time figuring out the stats of the place. That's all on the cat. I don't care about my own. I quite like the surprise on or about the 6th.

But it seems no one else cares so sometimes I'll be in Rome. We'll see how all this comes out in the wash if and when Telus/Public Mobile completely devalue the place due to all the abuse and gaming going on. Although a whole lot less than the insanity of earlier in the Spring.

@fujiyama 

Well i posted here and went from 6654 to 6655 then i posted in the lounge and went to 6656 so it it looks like it doesn't affect post count. Only your bravo count goes down. That answers a lot of questions about what does or does not count. This would probably be of great interest to @Anonymous since he is very concerned about post counts and accounts and who has what and what for....so now he knows too!

@fujiyama 

Good question....ive never noticed if it affected your post count just that it will take away from your bravo count. There's always a way to test. We shall see....

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Slightly off-topic question: what happens when a thread is moved from a board that grants post count, to one that doesn't? (ex. "Getting Started" to "The Lounge") 

For those that commented before the move, do their posts still add to their total post count? Or do they get rolled back/deducted from the total?

@darlicious Moved posts have long been much greater than 10 posts per week. The only difference now is the placeholder being used.

While the placeholder adds some clutter, should it not be left, some members might not find where the post/thread went.  The placeholder also allows the move and the documentation of the move to be done it one step.  With the pure amount of posts in incorrect categories these days, I'm not going to manually type out an explanation each time in a seperate message.

As for the placeholders making other threads harder to find, that points to a lack of activity in some categories.  In a active category, the placeholders themselves get quickly burried as well.

For why most of the moved threads originate from the Community category, i believe that the name should be changed.

Indeed, wise old eyes I have.

Gandalf.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

"I many communities I am in you are able to set the time limit as to how long the re-direct is visible before it just deletes itself. Unfortunately, I haven't seen that feature here."

@ShawnC13 

That would be a great feature to have added if possible the next time khoros updates the community forum. I do agree with @Danchvn that the "moved" placeholder does clutter up the boards particularly the community board. Now being used religiously to account for where, why and who has moved the post whereas before it caused confusion and frustration among members  This was exceptionally annoying to some once moved to the lounge with its lack of representation in the latest posts section of the main page made it appear that they had disappeared.

@dabr  There has been a marked increase in the amount of moved posts/threads by the main mover and organizer of the boards. Moved posts are averaging 50 per week for July and August. Slightly less for June since the community forum changes were introduced in late May. Moved post previous to then were usually only marked with a placeholder by @Luddite . Moved or merged posts averaged at most 10 per week but only two oracles were actively moving posts for proper or better (in their wise old eyes) categorization.

It may seem like there is more since the community category was created but there was also a lot done when it was just called discussions.  The big difference is in the last little while the Oracles and retired Oracles have started using the Placeholder feature.  That is what you are seeing as stated it just redirects to the new location to where the post was moved.  For when the OP comes back to where they originally posted their question and can't find it this will help.  I many communities I am in you are able to set the time limit as to how long the re-direct is visible before it just deletes itself.  Unfortunately, I haven't seen that feature here.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Danchvn wrote:

Thanks for your responses.There didn't seem to be near as many of them (in my recollection) before the forums were modified a little while back. Maybe as people get more familiar with the format there may be fewer of these.

@Danchvn   I think you're right that there seems to be more than normal "moved posts", since the recent updates to the community forums along with the newly created Community board. 

It seems that for most newer users who are not exactly sure where they should be asking their question, the Community heading probably seems to be a fairly safe place for them to post in.  That also seems to be making the oracles' (inc. retired oracles) a little busier in trying to move threads that don't belong here to the proper board heading.  Perhaps there's more housekeeping duties being performed by the oracles to ensure that questions are in the proper threads to make it easier for anyone doing a search and find possible solutions to their particular issue.

But yeah, that has made this particular Community board look like a "graveyard" for moved posts! 😊

jess4107
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's not a real post, just a link to the original. 

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks for your responses.There didn't seem to be near as many of them (in my recollection) before the forums were modified a little while back. Maybe as people get more familiar with the format there may be fewer of these.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's helpfully informative. Oh ok that was there, now it's here.

New folks aren't entirely clear on where to add a thread so they figure out how to to begin with and then start typing...in the subject line 🙂

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

They are just link to the original

Removing the original would wipe out the content, you would know somebody had that issue but wouldn't be able to give out how it was resolved.

I believe it's only to cross-reference, op decides where it should be (or not as some people just click on post, no matter where they are at the moment) but then I guess oracles decide that it should o(or at least it may also) apply to different area of the community.

Now this is just my guessing, I don't actually know, I was wondering myself when I first saw it, and that explanation made the most sense for me so I never actually asked

Need Help? Let's chat.