cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

purchasing a minute card

Amanda23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i went to walmart in salmon arm tonight may,30.2023 and was told they no longer sell minutes for public mobile why and where also can i get them?

11 REPLIES 11

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Amanda23 

Sorry I was going by Google maps.....I guess nearby Salmon Arm meant the London Drugs in Vernon. If the Crappy tire has a gas bar you can get RTP/Top ups there or buy vouchers from customer service but they have a delay in validity of up to 8 hours or so....

Screenshot_20230602_202739_Maps~2.jpg

@Amanda23 Shell or SDM or Esso? Try to get from those stores as you can use the voucher immediately..  Vouchers from other stores could have a 24 hours wait time

Amanda23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

we don’t have a london drugs or 7/11

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@softech it seems to not like certain things hot linked, it'll immediately delete those kinds of posts for whatever reason.

@XionBunny wrote:

@dust2dust The OP is asking about top up cards, and when I went to post sites like recharge etc as well as the help article listing the stores you can buy them at. The auto moderator removed my post due to the links, 

@XionBunny 

sometimes there is really no logic to us why some posted got moved by the auto spam filter. I just tried the couple online voucher sites, work for me

on the other hand,  like to post the PM bands info.  Other can post , for me, it also got removed, i have to post screenshot instead

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Amanda23   you can also buy online with a fee, recharge.com/ding.com/muskbird.com

another way is instant top-up., available at most Canadian Tire Gas, Esso, Gateway Newstands, and MacEwen locations.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Amanda23 

You have several options in Salmon Arm.....these are the retailers that sell pm vouchers that are immediately valid upon purchase....

1. Shell 
  2. Shoppers Drug Mart
  3. London Drugs
  4. 7/11
  5. Esso
  6. Mobil (instant top up/RTP)

XionBunny

@dust2dust The OP is asking about top up cards, and when I went to post sites like recharge etc as well as the help article listing the stores you can buy them at. The auto moderator removed my post due to the links, that's why I said that. I wasn't trying to say they sell sim cards or do any in store activations. I'm just going to edit that post since even being brief causes confusion here .🤷

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You can also buy them online. You can also use the real time payment option in some stores.

@XionBunny- ???

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Amanda23 

PM have removed all retailers from selling and activating SIMs about a year ago and some Walmarts have stopped selling vouchers.

You might want to go to a Telus/Koodo store to get your voucher.

Also try these locations other that Walmart:

IMG_0220.png

Dial 611 to enter the voucher number.

XionBunny

@Amanda23 Current supported store listings (for top-ups) are here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/purchase-a-voucher

there are alternatives others will post, I'm not going to bother my self as the auto moderator just removes them.

Need Help? Let's chat.