cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

promotions

Benny7777
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i recently received an offer from public mobile to upgrade to 6 GB of data at 4 G speeds for $22.00 per month and is that my total cost or is this additional cost added to my existing monthly plan?

8 REPLIES 8

ctrl_alt_del
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@hTideGnow @computergeek541 

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm on the old $15 plan where I only get 100mins/mth talk and was thinking of changing plans, then going back to the new $15 plan that has unlimited talk. Now I know that won't work so I've submitted a ticket to see if it can be done on their end, but I'm not holding out hope.

@ctrl_alt_del wrote:
Don't know if it is true, but this is what I got from chat:

2024-06-17, 2:43:32 p.m.
can I downgrade my plan to the $15 one?

2024-06-17, 2:44:02 p.m.
To downgrade your plan to the $15 one, you can log in to your Public Mobile account and go to the "Change Plan" section. From there, you can select the $15 plan and follow the prompts to complete the downgrade.

In the communications quoted above, you've been provided with incorrect information. There is no $15 plan that customers can downgrade to by logging into the account.

hi @ctrl_alt_del 

only if the $15 plan is available on your My Account. 

I think the Chatbot answer was from old knowledge base as there is no more $15 for existing subscribers.  The lowest price for existing is the $19-1GB plan

ctrl_alt_del
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Don't know if it is true, but this is what I got from chat:

2024-06-17, 2:43:32 p.m.
can I downgrade my plan to the $15 one?

2024-06-17, 2:44:02 p.m.
To downgrade your plan to the $15 one, you can log in to your Public Mobile account and go to the "Change Plan" section. From there, you can select the $15 plan and follow the prompts to complete the downgrade.

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Benny7777 

It is a new offer to switch from your old plan to the new one.  Data is like crack. PM wants to get customers hooked on more data at higher prices.

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Benny7777, also keep in mind that if you leave the $15 plan I'm pretty sure you will not be able to switch back to it as it's only available to new customers.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Benny7777 

That is an offer targeted at certain customers (mostly those on the $15 plan) to upgrade their plan from the $15 plan to the $22 plan.

It's really only something you might need if you are looking for considerable more data every 30 days, otherwise it's not overly beneficial for some.

So instead of paying $15 plus tax, you'd be paying $22 plus tax.

This is a plan chamge.

Need Help? Let's chat.