Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with SIM card

Ann85
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi there, 

I have problems with SIM card. 

I have an old SIM card , but public mobile did not accept it, now I tried to get an e SIM card, which also didn't work, because apparently my phone is too old. can you give me a call?

I would really like to speak to a person about this. 

thanks,  Ann85

3 REPLIES 3

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Hi  @Ann85

Please note that this is a public community of customers like yourself.  Unfortunately,  no one from Public Mobile will call you and you cannot call them as they do not have telephone support.

When you say you have an old sim card was it used already? SIM cards can only be used once if you had cancelled it.

If it was not canceled,  then you can take it from your old phone and insert in new phone. SIM cards comes in three sizes so you have to pop out the size you want to fit.

To get esim, you would have to download the public mobile app to the phone you want to use and purchase it that way. If your phone is too old, then you need the card physical.

But it's probably easier and quicker for you if you walk to a Telus/ Koodo/ mobile Klink store ask if they have a SIM card and buy one for $10.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you ever cancelled your PM subscription then your PM SIM card is deactivated and cannot be reused, ever.

You would have to buy new eSIM or physical SIM card in order to subscribe with PM.

Here are ONLY customers. PM staff very, very seldom reads this forum and never calls customers.
If you have questions regarding your account open a ticket; all other questions could be answered by knowledgeable PM customers here.

Wayworn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If your phone is old and outdated there is nothing anyone can do for you. You need to buy a newer phone. Many great very inexpensive deals on older still good phones on line from Amazon, EBay,Kijiji, Best Buy etc. good luck .

Need Help? Let's chat.