cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

potential new customer wondering about the porting process

auser1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey guys,

At what point do we enter the porting number details when purchasing a new 29/month 4G plan with public mobile?  I went through the steps and  now im being asked to enter my credit card details, which is fine, but i want to ensure that I can port over from Bell.

Somebody guide me please,

thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@auser1  You will have opportunity to transfer number after you make payment . And remember to leave old provider SIM in the phone to reply YES to the confirmation text to port . You will also need your old providers account number . You will also be asked for the phones IMEI but ignore this it’s not needed . Once you have successfully ported the number over to Public mobile it will automatically close your old providers account . Unless you have more phone lines with them on same account .

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@auser1 - Here are things you need to gather:

• Your phone number that you are wanting to port into PM
  • Your Old Provider's name (Ex: Rogers)
  • Your Account Number from the old provider (Ex: Rogers). Or you can chose the IMEI number that the old providers SIM card is currently using. I don't recommend the IMEI but the Account Number, yes.

Make sure to reply by 90 minutes from the old providers SIM so then you don't have to come back to the community for the porting number helpline.

Also download the PM app to get started!

And if you decide to get an eSIM, you should disable the eSIM from PM to make sure that the port goes well. Also wait till your old providers SIM says 'No Service' or  'SOS Only' or 'Emergency Calls Only.'

Porting can take up to 5 hours to complete. It is on "Step 6" of the activation process.

WilliamWang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It happens right after, if you look at the progress bar, you can see there's another step after you pay and that's when you enter details for the transfer.

Need Help? Let's chat.