Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting request

Task1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

how do I ask for a porting request from PM

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @Task1 call the porting support I sent you and they can confirm the status and help out

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Task1 

To port in to PM:

1-purchase a PM SIM from a Telus/Koodo store, Amazon.ca or Canadian Cell Supplies online.

2-leave old SIM in your phone.

3-activated your PM SIM on a laptop or desktop computer.

4-reply to text from your old carrier with YES…you have 90 minutes to reply or porting will be cancelled plus more headaches to restart porting process.

5-your old SIM will continue to work until porting is completed.

6-power off your phone and switch SIM

7-power on your phone.

Welcome to PM!

If you missed or too late to reply to the text. Contact a CS_Agent through SIMon Chatbot by typing in Submit Ticket bottom of the page or private message on the envelope icon above.

@Task1 but your account activated?? your PM sim card can make outgoing calls??

if you did put in the porting request, then there is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed 

But if you did not out in the porting request when you activated,  if so, there is different process to go through, let us know and will advise further 

Task1

Activated

didnt follow the proper steps to authorize number transfer.

need to have PM re request porting

Hi @Task1 you got any error during activation?  or you need PM for retrigger the process so you cam receive the porting authorization text?  I will message you the porting team phone number to your Community Inbox 

@Task1 you have activated yet?

is your number with the other provider still active?  you got a text from them yet and you replied YES?

let us know which stage you are at??

Task1

porting in

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Task1 porting into PM?? if it is, you request bringing your number from another provider when you activate

similarly, if you try to port number out, when you activate with your new provider, request that there

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Task1 porting in or porting out??

tell is what problem you have now

Need Help? Let's chat.