cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting issue

richardlowe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there

I moved Public mobile yesterday and requested my number -780-xxx-xxxx be ported over.  I did not respond from my previous carrier's text to allow the port within 90 minutes,  I did respond but after the allocated time.  I called my former carrier - freedom to enable the port, and then informed my to reinsert my old sim and respond to a text which I did.  

I seem to be having issues still receiving calls to this number and receiving all my texts send from people wishing to contact me via text

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

11 REPLIES 11

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@richardlowe 

It sounds like number porting is still underway, and has not been completed successfully. If I were you, I would get in touch with PM's customer support by either creating a ticket with the chatbot in the lower right hand corner of this page, or by sending a private message to @CS_Agent 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@richardlowe 

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

@richardlowe  if it was over 3 hours trying calling that porting phone number I private messaged you, or submit a ticket by other methods provided to confirm port is all good.

In the meantime perform a Reset of your devices Network Settings. 

@richardlowe wrote:

I am still not able to receive calls to my ported number and not all texts are getting through. Do I need to just wait for the port to finish?

@richardlowe 

How long has it been since you replied Yes to the SMS?

Have you tried the latest link I posted above?

richardlowe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am still not able to receive calls to my ported number and not all texts are getting through. Do I need to just wait for the port to finish?

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@richardlowe wrote:

Hi there

I moved Public mobile yesterday and requested my number -********** be ported over.  I did not respond from my previous carrier's text to allow the port within 90 minutes,  I did respond but after the allocated time.  I called my former carrier - freedom to enable the port, and then informed my to reinsert my old sim and respond to a text which I did.  

I seem to be having issues still receiving calls to this number and receiving all my texts send from people wishing to contact me via text

@richardlowe 

For porting issues, submit a ticket to PM via :

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM...

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@richardlowe 

You could also try this link to reinitiate the port:

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@richardlowe   Yes, you have to reply within 90 minutes.  Since you replied late, it won't work and hence you got the issue about incoming

But no worry, just call the number sent by @esjliv  and PM can retrigger the process.  But this time, make sure you have your old sim ready and reply within the allocated time  🙂

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@richardlowe 

Submit a ticket this way https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Or call the porting number...which I will private message you now. Check your inbox. 

Also, please edit your post to remove the phone number you posted.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@richardlowe 

Try doing the following:

• Reboot device
  • Toggle airplane mode on/off
  • Reset network settings
  • Remove Public Mobile SIM card, then reinsert
Need Help? Let's chat.