cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting # from PC mobile, wait time...

yukochima
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello...

so I did everything it says as follows, activated with new number first, then requesting the port # from PC mobile to the moderator, got the ticket number

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

If you wish to transfer an existing numbering from Koodo Prepaid or PC Mobile, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Customer Support Agents here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

how long should I wait to follow up with another attempt to do this? so far, no port is happening...

Just would like to know how long I should wait... Can anybody share their experience?

49 REPLIES 49

OK, @ShawnC13,  I respect your role here.  

However, my post now makes no sense whatsoever.

May I recommend replacing it with a phrase such as "Removed TELUS porting number from Public Forum" so there's greater clarity as to the intent/messaging of my initial post.

Thank you.

@Anonymous wrote:

I think it's a ridiculous rule when the number is everywhere in the wild (and here as you say).

I think it's overbearing of Oracles to remove it from posts. iirc the company did a sweep a while ago and got rid of a bunch of posts. Fine. Their site. But it's still dumb.

Why is it overbearing if I am just doing what was asked by PM?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@HALIMACS wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

@yukochima 

That's completely unacceptable.

Please do not post phone numbers in the forum.

Please report back whether they advised it was the correct action for you to take and whether they were able to remedy the situation.

That kind of feedback would be most useful. 

Edited by ShawnC: @HALIMACS  please do not post that number in the forum.

@ShawnC13 

So Public Mobile staff have categorically said this?  Or is it simply a practice?

Curiously, when searching the said phone number, there are 80 separate results which currently contain that number.   Can you advise why mine is being amended (perhaps targeted - gee, i hope not), yet all those others are being permitted to remain live on the forum?

Also, when I was 'new' to this Community, and I called the number, the staff on the other end explicitly said it was "totally fine" to provide this number to folks having porting issues.

So.... can you see my confusion here?

Yes, PM staff have said that the number is not to be posted in the community.  I know a while ago a CSA was tasked with removing posts with the number in it.  I guess it is time for them to do the at again.  Oracles can't be here all the time and see every post, but when I see it I will edit out the number and remind the member not to post in the community. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's a ridiculous rule when the number is everywhere in the wild (and here as you say).

I think it's overbearing of Oracles to remove it from posts. iirc the company did a sweep a while ago and got rid of a bunch of posts. Fine. Their site. But it's still dumb.

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@HALIMACS wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

@yukochima 

Please report back whether they advised it was the correct action for you to take and whether they were able to remedy the situation.

@ShawnC13 

So Public Mobile staff have categorically said this?  Or is it simply a practice?

Curiously, when searching the said phone number, there are 80 separate results which currently contain that number.   Can you advise why mine is being amended (perhaps targeted - gee, i hope not), yet all those others are being permitted to remain live on the forum?

Also, when I was 'new' to this Community, and I called the number, the staff on the other end explicitly said it was "totally fine" to provide this number to folks having porting issues.

My guess is it's a policy they were told to enforce here, probably because of fears of prices going up and the like, i doubt you'll get a transparent answer.

@HALIMACS wrote:

@yukochima 

@ShawnC13 

We are to use the CSA's as the primary support for Public Mobile

@yukochima 

That's great to hear and I am happy the number provided by @HALIMACS enabled you to finally complete your port. However I am surprised as it seems to contradict pm's own information on porting from pc mobile.

@J_PM 

Can you confirm that the porting department can now complete a port from pc mobile with or without the assistance of a CSA?

Awesome to hear,  @yukochima 

Welcome to Public Mobile!!!

yukochima

Thank you so much everyone for your replies.

I was able to finally get my number ported after calling # suggested above. I have to basically repeat the whole process on the phone, giving all necessary info to port number... after so many times put on hold, confirming the info for a couple of times (my account was not found in the PC mobile for some reason...strange the plan was still active at the time) anyhow, after a good few times back and forth, I was finally able to receive porting authorization text to my PC  mobile #, replied YES,  and VOILA, my # is ported successfully!!! Whoever in the porting department I was talking to was very helpful and patient with me, and assured the porting will be done today.

Thanks again for helping me out! really appreciate all your kindness!

Without the number (now removed unfortunately)... my porting may not have happened... 

before I made this posting, I have searched and searched, and read all that mentioned the trouble porting from PC mobile... but none has mentioned that miracle # that made my port possible.

@yukochima 

Open a new ticket ASAP if you dont get a reply within an hour post here again or private message me and we can inquire on your behalf  of why you are not getting a response.

@HALIMACS 

PC Mobile is like koodo prepaid so the porting department cannot help the OP. Only a CSA can complete the number transfer.

@yukochima 

(EDIT - for reference, the number above that was subsequently removed was the porting helpline number)

yukochima

So it has been a couple of days now... nothing has happened, no reply from MODS, text to PC mobile, no porting number happening, both public mobile with new # and my PC mobile # are working... can call and text no problem... 

not sure what to do at this point... send another ticket again? or contact MODS directly like you suggested here. 

@yukochima 

You should have a reply within an hour from a CSA. At that point they can initiate the number transfer and you then need to be aware of whether or not you will also need to reply to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it. Once authorization is confirmed your number transfer will be completed shortly thereafter by the CSA.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@yukochima wrote:

Hello...

so I did everything it says as follows, activated with new number first, then requesting the port # from PC mobile to the moderator, got the ticket number

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

If you wish to transfer an existing numbering from Koodo Prepaid or PC Mobile, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Customer Support Agents here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

how long should I wait to follow up with another attempt to do this? so far, no port is happening...

Just would like to know how long I should wait... Can anybody share their experience?

@yukochima  cell phone ports should only take 2-3 hours. Have you tried the PM SIM card in the phone to see if you have any services?

Remember to reboot the phone with the PM SIM inside.

Did you have you PC SIM in your phone to accept the port transfer request ?

If you missed it, then submit another ticket, here:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM...

@yukochima   you don't need to open another ticket.. cos you already opened one  🙂

how long you have opened the porting ticket?

yukochima

no message in the private message so far. just the one I sent to MODS with ticket ID

softech
Oracle
Oracle
did you check your Community inbox to see if PM support tried to contact you?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@yukochima 

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number, or is not complete processing

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile
you will be very happy...with a Fabulous Service.

Need Help? Let's chat.