cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting after activation is not available now?

jqian
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was trying to port a number after I have activated PM sim, and got a message saying it's not available and told me to contact moderator.

Is it a temporary thing or it will be always like this going forward?

9 REPLIES 9

@popping wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@jqian wrote:

I was trying to port a number after I have activated PM sim, and got a message saying it's not available and told me to contact moderator.

This is supposed to be fixed, eventually, but it's been this way since March 8. Part of the reaosn for this given by Public Mobile has to do with security.

We are not talking about porting a PM number to other provider to prevent SIM jacking fraud.  I like to know what is the security risk for porting a number to PM from other providers.

As would I, but that's that's the reasoning that was given by Public Mobile. They probably won't share that as to not encourage those doing such illegal activities. Even more interesting is how porting in during activation is considred fine, but not from self serve.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 wrote:

@jqian wrote:

This is supposed to be fixed, eventually, but it's been this way since March 8. Part of the reaosn for this given by Public Mobile has to do with security.

We are not talking about porting a PM number to other provider to prevent SIM jacking fraud.  I like to know what is the security risk for porting a number to PM from other providers.

@jqian wrote:

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jqian 

It is temporary but it has been very long time and I don't think you would want to wait, so better contact moderators

Welcome to public mobile

@jqian 

If simple Simon gives you a hard time you can send a private message to the moderators. Send it to the Moderator_team . Type in the subject line: port request. Describe your issue in detail including the following  info:

1. Name, email, address, phone #(temporary) and pin# in your pm account.
  2. Name, account #, and phone # to be ported from virgin.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times.

Welcome to public!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jqian  It's a temporary measure since March.

You'll have to contact moderators for your request.

More info is available here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Number-transfer-in-Self-Serve-impacted-...

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@jqian wrote:

@jqian you must keep your old account active until port is complete 

contact a moderator you can do so by clicking the question mark at the lower right corner,to avoid going around in circles with Simon say that you want a human to speak to, a ticket will then be generated briefly mention your issue port request

you should get a response between 2 to 48 hours a reply should show up in your little envelope in the top right corner 

Need Help? Let's chat.