cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting Rogers "pay as you go"

GI2016
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I would appreciate any opinion if I can port a Rogers "pay as you go" via the automated system without inputting the acount number for Rogers?

or I have to ask the MODs?

also if the "pay as you go" does not have any funds -  will I be allowed to port the number to PM?

or I have to charge the Rogers "pay as you go" and then port it?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

Please read this before you start:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/The-Guide-to-Headache-Free-PM-Signup/m....

Also "Do nots” for port-ins:

- do not request the port-in during activation; take a temporary number, log out, confirm all services are active, log back into your account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number

- do not use any identifier except your account number EXACTLY as shown on your bill; it is the best item for any port-in request

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be EXACTLY as it appears on your bill

- do not use your number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your number (courtesy imm1304)

- do not cancel your account; that will happen automatically

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @GI2016,

If you do not have the account number easily available, you can still port.  I know a few people with Chatr who ported successfully to PM without the account number... by using PIN, IMEI and the phone number + account holder's name. Just be extra careful and verify that you entered the info correctly.  

The Rogers PAYG line needs to be active (i.e. account status should not say suspended or inactive) for the port to go through.  Unfortunately, I am unable to tell if its considered active by Rogers without a positive balance on the account.  If you can see by signing into your Rogers account that the account status is active, then you should have no issues.  

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I believe U can port, as long as U have A/C #, Pin and all relevant info, and a Sim and Compatible device, Unlocked in your case, U are ready to go

Litvinau_A
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The number you want to port has to be active, that's 100%

But you can always set up a new account with PM with new number, that will be way easier. And once PM admins are less busy, you can transfer your old number. But it needs to be active.

Need Help? Let's chat.