cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plan expired and now switching over to another network

gonegone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had stopped paying because I was porting over to Rogers (provided by my company). But the tech over at Rogers says he can't port in my number because it is inactive. Is there a way to activate the sim without paying anything? or will the amount be refunded once I've ported my number to Rogers?

9 REPLIES 9

gonegone

was a chrome browser issue. using ms edge and now I can see the options!

gonegone

that button is disabled. tried login in and out, but no luck.

@gonegone  you should be able to see the $15 plan choose it, select the change plan now option

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gonegone  hi if you hit change plan now that  should work then it should reactivate you may have to restart your phone 

@gonegone wrote:

so i added the fund, but i don't see any option to activate my plan. nothing shows under the plan page as well...not sure what's going on2020-08-25 17_50_58-Public Mobile - ChangePlanLandingPage.jpg

gonegone

so i added the fund, but i don't see any option to activate my plan. nothing shows under the plan page as well...not sure what's going on2020-08-25 17_50_58-Public Mobile - ChangePlanLandingPage.jpg

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@gonegone  Go into selfserve and change plan to the $15 plan deposit the $15 funds into you account and port away. If you don't want to pay the $15 then pick a new number with Rogers.

@gonegone You need to pay for at least a 30 day plan. Sorry, but there are no refunds.

You could port to Telus or Koodo postpaid without reactivating your Public Mobile service.  Then, when you port to Rogers, you will only be billed by Telus or Koodo for the amount of days that you were a customer.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@gonegone PM is a prepaid service and there are no refunds. To port your number to Rogers your account must be active. Deposit $15 into your self service account using the 1 time payment option,  choose to switch your plan down to the $15 one, reactivate it  and port your number. 

Here's an article on switching plans https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@gonegone wrote:

I had stopped paying because I was porting over to Rogers (provided by my company). But the tech over at Rogers says he can't port in my number because it is inactive. Is there a way to activate the sim without paying anything? or will the amount be refunded once I've ported my number to Rogers?

@gonegone hello you may have to reactivate with the 15 dollar plan but  try contacting a moderator you can do so by clicking the question mark at the lower right corner,to avoid going around in circles with Simon say that you want a human to speak to, a ticket will then be generated briefly mention your issue, you should get a response between 2 to 48 hours a reply should show up in your little envelope in the top right corner in the meantime is there anything else that we may be able to help with?

Need Help? Let's chat.