cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone

journy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i recieved a sim card but ant activate it . I think its due to my telus account having a different email than the one im using now. I also have a name change on public mobile as its different than telus one. What can i do to correct this?

3 REPLIES 3

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@journy 

Is the intention to put the SIM card on your existing account or is it for a new account? 

If you are trying to put it on your existing account please go to the profile section of your account, scroll down to the “My phone number” section and click the pencil beside your existing sim number to put in the new one.

This link will also take you there:

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/change-sim-number

If it’s for a new account you will have to download the app on your device and then go through the entire sign up process by making an account with a brand new email, picking a plan, and then entering in the details for the new SIM card that you have.

EDIT: To clarify it has to be a new email address if you have an existing PM account. If you don’t have an existing PM account you can use whatever email you’d like to use. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@journy 

it’s a new Public Mobile Sim card, it should absolutely be able to be activated and has no relevance to your association with Telus

make sure you are using the Public Mobile app for the activation process

You can use whatever email address or name you want on the activation.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @journy it shouldn't be a problem with your name difference on Telus. For porting, provide phone number and Telus account number

But with PM My Account setup, use a email different from Telus one as I think they have the same EverSafe login system 

but if still problem, submit ticket with CS agent 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.