cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone turned off on due date missing the passing of my mother

Python07
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

today is my pay day and also due date of cell phone bill. I woke at 3am to see if my pay was in , which it was and tried to pay my public mobile bill. The site has been changed and when i finally got into it it said site under maintanence. So decided to pay after work at 2pm. My phone was cut off at 9am. no service. IT IS THE DUE DATE. I SHOULD HAVE ALL DAY TO PAY IT. Anyways. I was waiting to hear from the hospital where my mother is. SHe passed today and i couldnt even get the call because PUBLIC MOBILE TURNED MY PHONE OFF. I got home from work and paid it immediatly and service reinstated to get the news I certainly didnt want to hear. AND i could have been with her in her dying moments if i had gotten the call from the hospital to come right away. THERE WAS NO REASON TO BE CUT OFF. MY DUE DATE Is TODAY. THERE SHOULD BE SOME KIND OF RESTITUTION. THIS WAS NOT FAIR AT ALL AND IM THINKING OF LEAVING PUBLIC MOBILE AFTER MANY YEARS OF BEING A GOOD CUSTOMER TO THEM. TOTALLY UNJUSTIFIED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 REPLIES 8

@Timer wrote:

if you have in your account autopay is better,

tried use browser from computer,and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

Please carefully consider your responses before posting.  Checking for service outages and rebooting the phone wouldn't help in cases of the plan being paid for late, and besides, in the first post, the customer has stated that the service is working after making a payment.  I understand your point about using pre-authorized payments, but when it comes to clearing cache and/or running inprivate/incognito mode, that wouldn't fix the issue of the incorrect renewal dates being shown.

@Python07 wrote:

today is my pay day and also due date of cell phone bill. I woke at 3am to see if my pay was in , which it was and tried to pay my public mobile bill. The site has been changed and when i finally got into it it said site under maintanence. So decided to pay after work at 2pm. My phone was cut off at 9am. no service. IT IS THE DUE DATE. I SHOULD HAVE ALL DAY TO PAY IT. Anyways. I was waiting to hear from the hospital where my mother is. SHe passed today and i couldnt even get the call because PUBLIC MOBILE TURNED MY PHONE OFF. I got home from work and paid it immediatly and service reinstated to get the news I certainly didnt want to hear. AND i could have been with her in her dying moments if i had gotten the call from the hospital to come right away. THERE WAS NO REASON TO BE CUT OFF. MY DUE DATE Is TODAY. THERE SHOULD BE SOME KIND OF RESTITUTION. THIS WAS NOT FAIR AT ALL AND IM THINKING OF LEAVING PUBLIC MOBILE AFTER MANY YEARS OF BEING A GOOD CUSTOMER TO THEM. TOTALLY UNJUSTIFIED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear of the passing of your family member.  There is an error on the Public Mobile Self Serve website. For all customers, it currently shows a plan duration that is 1 day too long.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So sorry to hear this...

And honestly agree that we should have until 11:59pm (local time) on the due date to pay before cut off. I'm so sorry it was about this and not just missing hearing from a buddy or something 😔

@Python07 wrote:

Like i had stated it is due today. ITS PAID today. but was cut off first thing this morning at 9am

Very sorry to hear of your loss, so sad @Python07 

If your payment was due today, then the funds should really be in your account before today so there is not delay in services or updates to your account.

Python07
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Like i had stated it is due today. ITS PAID today. but was cut off first thing this morning at 9am

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Python07 

my condolences,

take a easy, feel so sorry for your loss, may god have mercy on she,,

she in heaven, you have to prayers and patience,

if you have in your account autopay is better,

tried use browser from computer,and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

To Login Page

or contact to support team by private message CS_Agent .

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Python07 

I feel sorry for your lost.

Unfortunately, PM is a prepaid service.  You have to make the payment or the service will got cut off.  It works the same way for all prepaid service s, like Lucky , Chatr, Koodo prepaid, Telus Prepaid, Fido Prepaid.   

Prepaid might not be a good model for you.  If you are changing provider, consider moving the postpaid plans.  With postpaid plan, you can miss the payment, but of course, the provider will charge you for interest on top.

Need Help? Let's chat.