cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone service issue

dhessel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently changed my phone and my husband's phone to public. I cannot call him - it goes directly to voicemail. other people are saying they cannot call us as it goes directly to voicemail also. Texting and data seem to be fine. I contacted my old provider who said it may not have been "ported out" properly and they would contact public. We have not received a message to respond to yet. can someone please help?

9 REPLIES 9

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dhessel  just checking...do you have an iphone that may have had another phone number registered to it prior?

Deregister the number on the iphone: https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

Set up your phone number On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

@dhessel  - 

Well, you could each submit tickets with CSA by methods already provided. or call the Telus porting number as provided by also @hTideGnow  (i see now. 🙂 ). 

Yours: since you received the text to approve the port over. It may be okay since you said you were receiving calls at one point on your PM SIM card, right?

But since calls are going to voicemail now, try checking that your do not disturb option has not accidentally been turned on. OR, in your contact app, ensure you do not have the setting on for only accepting calls from your contact list, or add these people to you contact list.

Some networking troubling shooting for you to try on accounts that are showing ACTIVE in self serve(or when calling 611):

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*perform a reset network settings on your device

*try your SIM card into another compatible phone..this could rule out a device issue/setting.

*manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) for dropping or unable to make incoming/outgoing calls

HI @dhessel   

For your husband problem, it is definitely a stuck porting, please call the number I messaged you

for you own problem, try to reseat the SIM card and/or reboot the phone

You can also, try to put your PM SIM in another phone just to test it

Lastly, you can  also change your network to 3G Only (some calls it WCDMA only or HSPA only) 

dhessel

I switched over my phone first...I got the activation text and all seemed to be fine. We switched my husband's phone over and he never got the text and I was not able to call him. I contacted our old provider who said they would ensure the text was sent but we never received anything. 
There may be a second problem as now people are trying to call me on my phone which had been fine and it is going directly to voicemail.

@dhessel wrote:

Yes. I did with my phone - yet I am having similar issues. My husband never got the text when we did his

@dhessel  - so did you already have a working Public Mobile SIM card and account without issues before this?

And now both you and your husband's NEW activated Public Mobile SIM card is having issues...sorry, this sounds like 2 separate questions. So can you describe both issues separately?

dhessel

Yes. I did with my phone - yet I am having similar issues. My husband never got the text when we did his

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dhessel  - has he restarted his phone after the activation? A reset of the network settings, would not be a bad thing to perform also after a new activation to a different provider.

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If still issues, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link: to request the transfer of your number over to Public Mobile.

OR,

You if this port was from another cell provider and you missed the text within 90 minutes, you can also call a Porting Phone number to restart that process.

Check you Private Messages, as we are not supposed to post it here.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @dhessel   For porting, you need to receive a text from your old provider and reply YES, replying it within 90 mins, do you complete that?

If you never reply any of such text, the porting was not completed

There is a number to call and talk to live support, I will send you the number in Community inbox , please check

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@dhessel hi with any carrier you must leave your old sim in to respond to transfer of number request within 90 minutes you must reply yes 

Need Help? Let's chat.