cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfered yesterday - still can't recieve calls or text.

jsbraich2022
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

So, my account is showing 'Active' for 2 numbers that I got transferred from a different carrier yesterday.  Both phones cannot receive calls or texts.  How long this suppose to take? Please advise.

Thanks,

-Jag

6 REPLIES 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Yeah, I was kinda reading this the same way as you @kb_mv .

2 numbers on 1 Public Mobile SIM card??

@jsbraich2022  - after activations with a new provider, please restart the phone.

Also, a good idea to perform a reset of the network settings.

Assuming you activated 2 separate SIM cards here..

If you did not receive a SMS text on one of the porting requests than insert the old provider's SIM card in the phone and submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link: to request the transfer of your number over to Public Mobile.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Or, for you can try calling the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here..so check your private messages I will send it to you there.

edit, nevermind striked out info, @hTideGnow already said that, sorry!  So see their post/message.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@jsbraich2022   did you reply the text from your old provider within 90 mins to approve the porting?

If you missed that, PM needs to trigger the porting process again.  You will just need to call them and ask them to do that.  I will send you a number to your Community inbox.  That is Telus/PM porting team, you will talk to live person and they can help.  Please check your Community inbox

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@jsbraich2022 You mention that your account shows 2 numbers active? This shouldn't be possible, you would need two separate accounts, one for each number. Contact customer service to straighten it out.

You can contact customer service one of 2 ways.

1. Open a ticket through the automated ticketing system (faster response time) by clicking the chat bubble located at the bottom right of this page or ---------->Click Me<---------- ;

2. Contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

---------->Click here<----------

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though they are typically much faster. Keep an eye on the envelope icon top right for replies.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@jsbraich2022 hello reinitiate transfer request from previous provider, leave old sim in your phone to receive text for your number transfer request, you have 90 minutes to reply yes to request 😀

jsbraich2022
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported 2 numbers yesterday about 12 hours ago, 1 phone did receive a text message and 'accepted' the transfer, the other didn't, but both phones can't receive any phone calls/text msg.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jsbraich2022 hi when you ported your number did you leave your old sim in to receive your transfer request you have 90 minutes to reply yes to request 

Need Help? Let's chat.