cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone ring

mrwayne
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just switched over to public mobile and now i am not receiving phone calls. It goes straight to my voice mail with out ringing

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mrwayne  - have you restarted your phone since you activated?

Upon changing providers I would also recommended to perform a reset of your device's network settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port.

Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

Leave the OLD provider SIM card in your phone to accept the PORT via SMS/text.

If you missed this 90 minute window, submit a ticket via this link to re-initiate the port:

Link to contact Customer Support Agents (CSA) for porting to Public Mobile

If you ported a landline or voip number over to Public Mobile it could take 3+ days to complete the porting.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

JL9
Mayor / Maire

If it isn't a porting issue it may be the issue that has been running ramoant lately. You can try taking your sim card and either putting it in another phone if available or leaving it out a for a few mins and reseating it, that may do the trick. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mrwayne 

Did you reply YES to the PAT porting authorization text within 90 minutes of receiving it?  Put you old SIM card back in your phone  and reply YES if you are still within the 90 minute time frame. If not I can send you the telus porting department phone number to reinitiate your porting request.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@mrwayne wrote:

I just switched over to public mobile and now i am not receiving phone calls. It goes straight to my voice mail with out ringing

Do you have a new phone number or did you ask for a number to be ported in?  If you're porting a number, reinsert your old carrier's SIM card to see if calls are still be directed to there.  The voicemail could that calls are being sent to could be that of the old carrier.

Need Help? Let's chat.