cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone plan expired after updating credit card info

mlrs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

My family member's phone plan expired after updating his credit card info. Now he even couldn't summit a ticket. Anyone can point us a direction?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

mlrs

Thank you for your answers. Really appreciate it. We are pretty new with PM. Still learning... So far happy about the products and services. Thanks again for your help.

@mlrs   glad it works.

Yes, You don't have  worry about status showing Plan Expired.  The one that really need to worry and action on would be status Suspended  🙂

mlrs

thank you. Auto pay went through this morning.

mlrs

Thank you. Auto pay occurred just now. Service didn't interrupt.  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@mlrs 

I agree that it is misleading but the note also indicates that if you are on AutoPay or have sufficient funds just ignore the notice.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mlrs 

If they want to be 100% sure that an autopay failure does not occur make an immediate manual top up payment of their plan amount and you will not only ensure the updated card info will be processed but the payment system will take the renewal payment from the available funds rather than defaulting to an autopay charge.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

mlrs

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your reply. Really helpful. Thank you.

Hope the service will not interrupt tomorrow as he has an important phone call to take tomorrow.

Yes, I agree the term of "Plan expired" sounds very serious and misleading... 

mlrs

Ok, we will wait until tomorrow and see what happen. Just don't want the service interrupt as he has an important phone call to receive tomorrow. 😂

Thank you very much 😊

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mlrs It is "normal" for account showing Plan Expired on the night before Amount due date , from around 6pm to as late as noon on the following date.  As long as your service is not interrupted and your credit card is on the system for Autopay (or you have enough fund as Available Fund), there is no need to worry. 

The message "Plan Expired" is just a weird term PM uses  🙂

@mlrs wrote:

My family member's phone plan expired after updating his credit card info. Now he even couldn't summit a ticket. Anyone can point us a direction?

From your above statement, your family member did successfuly add the credit card and the expired message only showed up after that?  If your family member has autopay enabled and the service is still working, ignore the message about expiry if the plan is set to renew in the morning.

Need Help? Let's chat.