johnwarnock2017
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

activated and installed sim card to unlocked lg g4 and its not seeing the sim

please help,

7 REPLIES 7

inigo_151
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have you tried a full factory reset?

Have you tried simply restarting the device? 

Have you tried using a different SIM card to see if it will recognize that?

We need more info on your end to be able to give you a good answer.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

the easier way to find the problem is use different phone and different provider to test.

Using recovery mode is for advance user.  Use at your own risk.  Backup before anything alway.s

wrote:

I did a bit of research on the phone, it seems like you're not alone with the issue. From what I can tell there are a few options you could try. (I'm taking this directly from a website)

Clear Android cache and data
Clearing the cache and data from the recovery menu seems to address a wide range of issues. That makes it a good place to start with the sim card one.

1. Navigate to Settings, Storage & USB, Cached data and select Clear cached data.
2. Power off the phone. 
3. Boot the phone by holding the power and volume buttons. The Fastboot menu should appear. 
4. Use the volume buttons to select Recovery and the power button to select it. 
5. Let go of the power button but continue holding volume up and home until the Android logo appears. You should now be in the recovery menu. 
6. Select Wipe cache partition with the volume down button and select it using the power button.

Hope that helps John, I would make sure your phone is backed up as well just in case. Take care.

I commend you for helping to turn over every stone.  However, there are risks with suggestions of going into the recovery menu.  You never want the cure to be worst than the disease.  I don't see the value of doing all this wiping. 

Ryan_D
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did a bit of research on the phone, it seems like you're not alone with the issue. From what I can tell there are a few options you could try. (I'm taking this directly from a website)

Clear Android cache and data
Clearing the cache and data from the recovery menu seems to address a wide range of issues. That makes it a good place to start with the sim card one.

1. Navigate to Settings, Storage & USB, Cached data and select Clear cached data.
2. Power off the phone. 
3. Boot the phone by holding the power and volume buttons. The Fastboot menu should appear. 
4. Use the volume buttons to select Recovery and the power button to select it. 
5. Let go of the power button but continue holding volume up and home until the Android logo appears. You should now be in the recovery menu. 
6. Select Wipe cache partition with the volume down button and select it using the power button.

Hope that helps John, I would make sure your phone is backed up as well just in case. Take care.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I believe the LG G4 has a network reset function.  A reset may be required if the phone has been in use on a different network.  Give that a try.

shawnie_boy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

does a different sim from another company work?

JDT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think we need more information to help you out.  What do you mean by "not seeing"?  The phone doesn't recognize that there is even a SIM card in the phone?  Or the SIM is recognized but you have no service?

Need Help? Let's chat.