cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone compatibility

kevin1951
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

will the newer samsung a11 work with PM?

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Patmac wrote:

I hope it does, because I just bought an open box one from Best Buy!  Mind you discovered my sim from my old Motorola doesn't fit in the Samsung, too big!  I would hate to leave PM!!

Now with the Samsung, the sim is supposed to kind of snap into the little tray, correct?

For the last few years, PM SIM's have been what they tri-punch. You can carefully snap out smaller size SIM's from the larger size.

Yes, it should sit perfectly in a little pocket indentation of the SIM tray.

Patmac

I hope it does, because I just bought an open box one from Best Buy!  Mind you discovered my sim from my old Motorola doesn't fit in the Samsung, too big!  I would hate to leave PM!!

Now with the Samsung, the sim is supposed to kind of snap into the little tray, correct?

@kevin1951 wrote:

HI kevin 1951 here, i plan to buy the a11 from best buy in canada so hopefully should be ok . Thanks for all the replies !

A version meant for a different country might just work out fine, but for full warranty, you'd have to make sure that you buy the Canadian version, and some manufactuers require you to provide a receipt from an authorized retailer. Also, note while Best Buy does sell phones themselves, they also do have third party sellers who use the site for sales.

kevin1951

HI kevin 1951 here, i plan to buy the a11 from best buy in canada so hopefully should be ok . Thanks for all the replies !

@popping wrote:

@kevin1951 

Your Samsung A11 is purchased from a Canadian provider.  It should work with PM.

BTW, Telus is selling this phone.  Therefore, Telus network will support the Canadian version of Samsung Galaxy A11.

https://www.telus.com/en/bc/mobility/phones/samsung-galaxy-a11

There's also a possiblity that @kevin1951 might have or will be getting this phone through grey markets. Phones originally intended for other worldwide markets might not also have the same specfications.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kevin1951 

Your Samsung A11 is purchased from a Canadian provider.  It should work with PM.

BTW, Telus is selling this phone.  Therefore, Telus network will support the Canadian version of Samsung Galaxy A11.

https://www.telus.com/en/bc/mobility/phones/samsung-galaxy-a11

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If it's the version that supports 3g umts 850 and 1900 mhz it will

For LTE channels 2, 4, 5, 7 the more the better.

Need Help? Let's chat.