cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment not being accepted

WhattheShmuk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i cant activate my account because payment (visa) is not being accepted. stating that the information is incorrect, but it is all correct. is this something i need to go in store to fix? 

11 REPLIES 11

It does sound like the system temporarily locked you out for too many attempts. That cleared and you were able to do it.

Good to hear. Thanks for the update.

WhattheShmuk

I don't know what changed but I tried this morning and it worked, thank you all for your time and answers. 

@WhattheShmuk 

Unfortunately, the Telus store will not help you active your CC in your account. PM is all online.

Your only option is to contact a CS_Agent to assist you with your CC activation through private messaging on the envelope icon above or create a ticket through SIMon Chatbot below.

They will be available from 6:00am to 10:00pm EST but put in a request in the meantime and they will get back to you in the morning.

@WhattheShmuk wrote:

brand new account so im trying to add the cc during activation. i can try a voucher for now. i can't go to telus and activate it there correct?

@WhattheShmuk 

If you are activating a new account, you can't use vouchers for payment these days.  You are also correct that you are unable to activate in store.  Just online activations.  

Just to be on safe side, check your VISA online statement to make sure that you were not charged already.  If not charged, you can try again.  However, you might want to wait a few hours. Sometimes your credit card gets locked out if you try too often.  

I assume that your VISA is either Canadian or American based. Other foreign country VISA cards are not accepted. 

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@WhattheShmuk 

open ticket with PM support and ask them to check it out.

At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket

have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS_Agent

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Once ticket is submitted,(envelope icon on the top right) CS_Agent will reply you there

WhattheShmuk

brand new account so im trying to add the cc during activation. i can try a voucher for now. i can't go to telus and activate it there correct?

@WhattheShmuk   So the Visa is already registered on account or you're trying to add the CC to your account? 

For now it might be worthwhile (to get service back) to get a voucher from recharge.com and add it via 611.  They'll email you the PIN but do charge a small fee.  This gives you time to sort out the issue with the payment card.

WhattheShmuk

sorry should have specified, it's a visa and I'm sure that the info is correct. 

@WhattheShmuk   Are you trying to pay with vouchers?  Try loading them by dialing 611 on your phone.  However, some vouchers (depending on where purchased) can take several hours before the funds become available so you might need to try again later.

WhattheShmuk

that didn't work

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@WhattheShmuk 

Try again but clear your browser cache and cookies and then go incognito. Use chrome.

Need Help? Let's chat.