cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment failed and subscription on hold - urgent!!

jozclouston
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had locked my credit card because I misplaced it.  I found it but before I could unlock it, public mobile posted a red banner message on my account page "Your services are on hold".  I was due to pay 2nd Sept and today is the 2nd Sept.  I did not get a reminder until today that my auto payment failed.  I believe that means I may have until the end of today to fix this, so I need help quickly!  

I followed the prompts to Pay Now and Resume Service. However I backtracked a couple of times, because below the pay button it said if I 'changed my subscription' I would loose my promotions.

On the bottom of my Payments page on my Account, Public Mobile says Im not due a payment until Dec 1, 2023!!! Probably because Ive pressed the Pay Now and Resume Service button too many times.  However my phone is NOT calling out or accepting calls.

I was constantly directed to an page that said I was changing my subscription and would loose all my promotions.  I really dont want to loose them, so I pressed the back button without thinking about the consequences.  

If Im not due a payment until December surely that means they 

21 REPLIES 21

jozclouston

Just to answer your question about my plan change concern. I didnt want to change my plan at all.  I tried to pay but every time, I was directed to a page with the only option to start a new plan. also came with a warning saying the new plan would not include any of the promotions I still hadn't used.  (Minutes calling overseas and bonus data).  

If the card was locked at the time that autopay would have happened then that's it. Autopay only attempts once.

I'd still like to know all the concern about a plan change and all that was showing during your payment attempt. Do you still have the same plan you thought you had? Or do you now have a plan that you wanted?

jozclouston

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

jozclouston

yes its all working now after I paid manually calling 611 

jozclouston

I still dont understand the process, I have AutoPay set up, but I guess because my credit card was only unlocked today, my phone was cut off.  I guess I learned today that you can make a call, but I have autopay set up so I am still so confused why it didnt happen when I unlocked my credit card.  

??? But you already knew the account looked suspended and you had been trying to make a manual payment.
Colour me confused. So is it all good now?

jozclouston

I appreciate what you said about the Dec date, that helped!  Fast learning curve over here....

jozclouston

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! 🙂   I had no idea I could do that! 

Tmcb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think I successfully inserted my payment information and when I try to" pay now", it says payment failed. Try again later. I have tried this repeatedly and I'm getting increasingly frustrated.

jozclouston

but if I go ahead and pay on the page that says 'change your subscription', I will loose my promotions because I see that I have 1 item in my cart, which would seem I have chosen to add new and not just pay where I left off.  I have a few from the years of being a Public Mobile user. Im getting really fed up with this process. 

What promotions do you think it thinks you might lose? You haven't yet said if you signed up here initially using a promotion. Also if you are currently looking at the plan you think you should be on or whether one is scheduled.

Adding - ok, I went in to try to make a payment and I think I see what you see. It's just a standard default disclaimer. You're just adding money.

jozclouston

I just cant see to where or how to go ahead and pay without loosing my promotions

Hi @jozclouston 

Even if it takes you a bit... a couple of days... weeks... even 2 months.. which of course it won't...  just know that you have 90 days to recharge the account with funds before you lose it. I would not worry in the least!! 🙂

Did you sign up here on any promotion to begin with? And you don't see a different plan or a scheduled plan in the subscription & add-ons page? It would seem to me that the warning of loss of promotions would be for a plan change. That's why I'm looking for that piece of information.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@jozclouston 

Call 1-855-4PUBLIC or dial 611 and enter your phone number and PIN to check on the status of your account.

If it is suspended then you need to make an manual payment by login to your account and go to the Payment section and enter your CC information.

jozclouston

I didnt make any changes, it just seemed to be the only page I was directed too when trying to reinstate my subscription, with warnings that my promotions would be lost. 

@Chalupa_Batman- Apparently it's a waste of time to try to help people before shoving them off to support. So hopefully the customer will come back here to check things out before support might ever get back to them.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Before you reach out to a CS Agent, try these things. Go into your browser settings. Find your cache and clear it. Then close and reopen your browser. Log in, then go to your credit card and re enter the information. That should fix it. As a backup option, you can go to a store and grab a PM voucher as a temporary solution to place it on your account to pay this months invoice. That way you'll have time to fix the credit card issue. You can always dial 611 and follow the prompts to add the voucher.  

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

That Dec date is when the account would fully deactivate. No need to worry about that yet. You have all of these 90 days to renew.
Did you accept a text offer to change your plan? Or did you set up a plan change before this renewal?
If you didn't sign up with some kind of recurring promotion then don't worry about that message.

jozclouston

thank you I will give this a try! 🙂

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@jozclouston  Please submit ticket with support to help 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.