cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overcharged

FJA
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to change my $25 plan to the new one $19/month.

Each month I was being charged less than $20 with $25 plan because of the per-authorized and referral points.

Once I tried to change my plan on June 5, 2024, I just checked my bank statement and noticed I was charged $28. Who knows the reason?

6 REPLIES 6

Suz47
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As others have said, perhaps you selected "apply the change at my next renewal date".   You were billed the old plan rate of $25 + GST = $28. No rewards credits were applied because of the change in the rewards plan. The rewards credits are no longer applied directly to your account every month. They now accumulate and you have to take action to apply to your account. When you reach the threshold of 15 points, you can redeem them to have $15 applied to your account.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@FJA 

many questions:

• What date did you actually make the change?
  • Did you schedule the plan change for your next renewal or did you process an immediate plan change?
  • What date was your last plan renewal? (Bear in mind this day changes every couple of months because plans are 30 days duration not monthly)
  • Are you aware of the move from Legacy points to Public Points, and do you know the details that go along with that?

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@FJA  Was June 5th your renewal day?  If so your old plan could have already renewed before you tried to change.

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Check your account and make sure it's showing the right plan then open a ticket and get them to refund the money.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@FJA   clear cache and sign in again. When you sign into your account today,  what does your plan description say? 

If it's still the old plan you might want to schedule a new one for July and click Change on Renewal so that your not immediately charged again since you already paid and won't get back the difference. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@FJA , it looks like your plan change didn't take place.  Everyone has been moved to the points reward program which takes away auto pay and loyalty rewards.  

Need Help? Let's chat.