cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

over charged

Saron
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi there my got charged twice C$42.00 which wrong i was paying only for student C$15.00. So please i am looking to get my money back.

thank you.

Saron

3 REPLIES 3

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Saron 

I fear you've experienced the same result many parents / caregivers have over the past several months.

Public Mobile had an upgrade campaign a couple of times over the past few months.   They sent out texts to users asking if they wanted to upgrade to the $40.00 plan.   Of course, many 'kids' who received this text (who are likely also on the $15.00 plan) replied "YES" to this text.

Low and behold, many realized what their mischievous ones have done, but only after a charge or two appeared on their payment card.

So what to do:

1. log into self-serve, go to plans and add-ons, select 3G plans and the $15.00 plan.   Select "change at next renewal"
  2. have a nice chat with your offspring, use it as a 'teachable' moment.

🙂

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Saron log into My Account using Incgonito mode and check the Payment history page, do you see both $40 charges there?? any amount sitting as Available fund??

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Saron    Are you activating a new account or you're seeing two payments on your online CC view? 

If the latter maybe you're viewing pending charges which get posted twice for 3 or 4 days (especially weekends/holiday periods) before the second pending charge is dropped.

What plan do you currently have, $15 or maybe $40 (if in Alberta)?   Also did you schedule any plan changes so the $42 is for a new plan or respond with a YES to SMS text for a promotional plan over the last few months?

Need Help? Let's chat.