cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

over charged

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

A few months ago i got a sim card for my grand daughters cell from public.  my daughter got her phone number transfered with her.  im still being charged 2 months. 

5 REPLIES 5

Then that sounds like your daughter did not transfer the number.  Not transferring the number leaves the account as was and the continuation of autopay. Do you have the sim from here? Do you have all the account login credentials and/or the 4 digit account pin? Do you have access to the email that was registered here for the account?

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

yes her mom went with a new provider   She has a new # with the new provider and PM is still charging me for the service.  But was switched since Oct 2022.  They charged me Nov, Dec, and Again on Jan 16th for $28.75 a month.  

blessme4k
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It sounds like there may have been an issue with the transfer of your granddaughter's phone number from Public Mobile to your daughter's new provider. There are a few steps you can take to resolve this issue and stop being charged:

1. Contact Public Mobile's customer service: Explain the situation and ask them to cancel the service and issue a refund for the past 2 months of charges. They may ask for the phone number and account information to verify your identity and confirm the cancellation.

2. Check the account: Make sure that you have the right information, like account number and phone number, to ensure that you are being charged correctly.

3. Keep records: Keep records of all the conversations you have with Public Mobile representatives and any correspondence you receive from the company.

4. Check the Terms and Conditions: check the terms and conditions regarding the transfer of the phone number to ensure that you are not breaking any rules that could result in extra charges

5. Try to negotiate: if the above steps don't work, try to negotiate a solution with Public Mobile's customer service.

By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the issue and stop the charges. And, if you are still facing issues, you can contact the customer service of the new provider of your daughter and see if they could help you to solve this issue.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@116 did your grand daughter transferred/ported out the number to another provider?

if she simply picked a new number, the number was not transferred and hence account was not closed.  She has to login My Account to disable the Pre-authorized payment. 

if she has transferred the number out of PM to the new provider and she is receiving incoming calls on that number on the new provider, the account should be closed and PM should not be charging you.  Please open ticket with PM vis direct message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@116 

Sounds like your daughter will have to replace her credit card information on the self serve accounts for those services. 

Log into the respective self serve accounts and update the payment information under the Payment tab. 

Need Help? Let's chat.