cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one email for 2 different account, can't log into one of the accounts

TimSteele1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been a Public Mobile customer for over 2 years.

I just signed my wife up to her new phone and Public Mobile sim, and in doing so used the same email address that was on my original account.

Now I can't access my original account because it always takes me to her account.

My account is about to be suspended because I can't update my credit card details.

It would help if I could log into my account using my PHONE NUMBER but that is never an option.

7 REPLIES 7

@Anonymous wrote:

@esjliv : I don't know how stores activate. I do know that doing it yourself will give a nasty red message at entering the email saying it's already in use and that then you can't proceed. So I wonder too how the heck people can have multiple accounts on one email address. I can only conclude that it's in-store activations.

@Anonymous  I Know. Right!?

Gesh💩

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv : I don't know how stores activate. I do know that doing it yourself will give a nasty red message at entering the email saying it's already in use and that then you can't proceed. So I wonder too how the heck people can have multiple accounts on one email address. I can only conclude that it's in-store activations.

I cannot get over how this allows to happen if the rule is one unique email per current account?! Like, seriously Public Mobile...when entering an email that is already used, ADD a message for heaven's sake that the email is already in use, right?

@Anonymous wrote:

@TimSteele1 : Just so it's clear...you used a store to do the activation?

@Anonymous  are you saying that if a store is activating there is more of a chance they can complete the activation with an email already used? Or, simply, the My Account was set up 'after the fact' of the SIM activation, therefore, allowing the email to be used again (but how?).

dent007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Try the Customer Service (the white balloon bottom right of this screen) they will sort it out for you.

Tell them you want to change the email on your wife's account and then your account should be fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TimSteele1 : Just so it's clear...you used a store to do the activation?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@TimSteele1 

You should not have been able to activate another public mobile service with the same email address which is attached to a current service account.

Are you 100% certain that is the email address you used for your service account?

Check back in your email accounts for the "welcome to public mobile" email when you first activated.

If you are in a bind, you could also purchase a public mobile payment voucher available at many mobile retail locations, Canadian Tire, Shoppers Drug Mart, London Drugs, (Etc) and apply it to your service by dialling  * 611

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TimSteele1 

Unfortunately you will now need to send a private message to CS_Agent with your account details and a new, unique email address that they can then attach to your account.

Each PM phone number has to be associated with a unique email.

Include your full name, phone and account numbers, email address, and the 4-digit PIN (if you have it), to speed up the process.

They usually respond within an hour or two, so hopefully you will regain access to your account tonight.

All the best! 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.