cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old customer, activating a new SIM - no credit card accepted.. tried 4!

KeithInVan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey all,

Any issues with the payment processing?  I am trying to activate a sim, I get all the way to step 4 where I enter credit card info and click "Activate SIM" I get this message:

"(We were not able to process your payment. Make sure all information is correct or try again with a different card)"

I've tried 4 different Visa cards from 2 completely different banks with no love. Same message every time.  And yes, my info is 100% correct, I checked, double checked and triple checked!  Is something up???

7 REPLIES 7

KeithInVan

RESOLVED - Tried a different system and it worked.  But still on Firefox like the first attempts, not Chromium like the later ones, still on same home IP, but a different Linux variant and it went through this time.  Crazy.  I think I've spent about 3 hours on this by now. Just to activate a **bleep** sim!  Ridiculous!  But I appreciate the help from you all.  Least you can share some of my pain!

KeithInVan

Tried Incog mode on a browser I never use so it should be clean anyway, but still no go.  Checked both banks (different institutions) and no PM charge on either.  I realize a bad postal code could trigger, but it was correct from the first time from the first attempt.

One thing that is dumb about the Sim Activation setup, it forces you to select "Your City" and most of the lower mainland (BC) cities aren't even listed.  Vancouver is, New Westminster is (but spelled like "Newwestminster"), and thats it.  Seems quite a goofy setup actually.  I *think* its only asking for your city at that step to select a phone number, but still.   Someone should review the Sim Activation process and clean that up.

Anyway,  I will try again on a different computer and see what happens.  3 different browsers on this one hasn't worked.

@KeithInVan VPN shouldn't matter.

Yes, not question yiru postal code, unless you just moved, can't be wrong 4 out of 4 🙂

since you tried different browser, maybe today just not the day.   Wait an hour or two or try tomorrow 

of course, you cam open ticket with PM.  They can help to setup the account with no payment info there and let you login after to complete the payment 

KeithInVan

Yeah, everything was perfect.  On my first failure I realized I was on a VPN (but a Vancouver based IP) so I disabled that and tried again.  No love.  So I jumped to a different browser, tried again.  Still nothing.  Tried a old postal code just on a hunch, but still didnt go.  Checked my Online Banking to see if it was stuck Pending, nope.  Not getting that far either.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@KeithInVan 

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

First make sure that your credit cards were not charged.  

If not charged, you can try again. But use a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode.  Or try a different device.  The website is finicky.  

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You might have triggered a fraud alert by now but is the postal code the same as the billing address?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@KeithInVan before you try the 5th time, check all your credit card and make sure PM didn't charge you

if PM didn't charge yiu, try again using Incognito mode and see if it works 

if it still does not work or of PM chargd you, open  ticket with PM support for them to investigate 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.