cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

numbers, accounts and porting

DnM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi . I am trying to port my number but there is no box to enter the old account number.

And the transfer keeps failing. Also the pin is a password on the old account, not 4 digits.

Anyone have a helpful idea on how to complete the transfer?

11 REPLIES 11

DnM

ok thank you

@DnM 

To submit a ticket to Public Mobile do the following: PMST.png

@DnM wrote:

it seems my activation has timed out halfway through and so I had to start again but it now saying that my email address has already been used

@DnM  Heres a little advice when activating. First if something goes wrong whether or not if it's your fault or the public mobile site (it can easily be either!) the system has a session lock out of about an hour. Takes a bit of patience but you can get prepared while you wait. Don't worry when I activated my second phone (The first I did instore) I had to wait out 4 one hour session lock outs. A lesson hard learned but with great support from the community I got thru it and can help you as a result. The rule of thumb for most porting is to take a temporary number but especially with a voip,  landline and always with a prepaid koodo or pc mobile account. In your case in can take a few days to port over the number. By taking a temporary number you will get your service all up and running before you port. Then if or when the porting of your voip  happens you will know the delay or partial service is solely the porting process and not any other issue and you will have full services until the port is complete.

Now for the nitty gritty of activation...a little prep goes a long way. A piece of paper and pen. This is to record your pin #, password, email, security question and answer. You can screenshot too but writing it down and putting it away with your important stuff will save you one day. Have a billing statement from your credit card with your address ready as well. You will want to copy it exactly at the beginning of activation and more importantly  at the end when you enter your card details to pay. But leave the apt/unit box blank and do not put a space in the postal code box. If necessary use ALL CAPS. When you are ready to begin make sure you clear your browser and use secret/incognito mode before you start. Preferably use chrome or firefox if possible. Have your referral code ready as its entered in the box halfway down the page. After filling out the first page double check your work to make sure you haven't missed anything and is all correct. Submit. Next page phone number. Take a new number it's only temporary but nice and quick.. Next page time to pick your plan. Choose one...if it's $35+ you qualify for the BONUSDATA of 2gb a month for 6 months. Put that in the promo code box. Enter your plan selection and the payment choice will come up. Enter hour card details and billing address just like before...double check everything matches make sure youre registered for autopay and submit payment. Takes a very long minute but you should have success. Wait for your welcome email and text from pm with your pin#. You can then access your self serve account. With your sim card in your phone reboot and check to make sure all of your services are working. Now you can access your account and choose change "change number". Now you can port your voip number in using your name, ph # and account # from your old provider.

@DnM wrote:

it seems my activation has timed out halfway through and so I had to start again but it now saying that my email address has already been used

@DnM  Oh youre activating! This is very important ! Take a temporary number save porting your number until after you activate. Sending this first then some advice. Do not port your voip # during activation.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
Click on the ? on the lower right hand corner. chat with SIMon for a while, then click on submit ticket once you think it understand you.

DnM

how do I contact a moderator??

DnM

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@DnMYou can also try to contact the moderators to get them do it for you manually.. however do expect them to respond to you in up to 48 hours.

DnM

Previous provider is Vonage (Voip).

I cannot see a space to enter account number. Only address and password

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@DnM  Who is your previous provider?

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@DnM wrote:

Hi . I am trying to port my number but there is no box to enter the old account number.

And the transfer keeps failing. Also the pin is a password on the old account, not 4 digits.

Anyone have a helpful idea on how to complete the transfer?

Don't worry about PIN. Account number is usually enough. Is it a landline?  If it is a wireless number, switch to that option and it will ask for account number.

Need Help? Let's chat.