cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving calls.

mpdman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

USING AN IPHONE 8.  WILL NOT RECEIVE CALLS.  CAN CALL OUT.  CAN SEND RECEIVE TEXTS.  TRIED EVERYTHING.  REBOOTED PHONE.  REMOVED SIM AND RE-INSERTED.  MADE SURE CELLULAR DATA IS ON.  NO AIRPLANE MODE.  MADE SURE NUMBERS NOT BLOCKED AND PHONE NOT ON “DO NOT DISTURB”.  SILENCE UNKNOWN CALLERS NOT ON.

ANY IDEAS?

15 REPLIES 15

mpdman

service is fine.  Cambridge, ON area.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

Can you ask other provider customers to try calling you? I'm having this same problem with Telus family callers but not others. Or if you have a voip service try calling your number.

Adding - try your sim in another phone. Try a different provider in your phone.

mpdman

above i meant can NOT receive calls.  everything else is fine...

mpdman

thanks for all the responses but i still cannot get to bottom of this.  Been a PM customer for about a year and this phone worked fine before - although it's been off for about 3 months.  I did all apple updates and just can receive calls.  My work phone is on telus (direct) and that is working fine - in and out.  This PM phone is working out, but not in.  That should indicate it is not the network.  Last resort is to swap sim into another phone but that's a hassle (it's at my mother's right now and ...anyway....you get it the rest...). 

mpdman

I didnt know there was an outage.  my work phone is on telus and is fine 

mpdman

Not the issue.  had the phone for a year 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Meow @dust2dust 

Yes that is true. It will effect everything!

I will combine the 2 responses. Thanks guys. 😁

@BKNS27- You could have just edited your previous reply. 🙂

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@BKNS27 wrote:

There could be a Telus outage in your area.

If outage is in effect wouldn't all services be affected? No calls in/out?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@mpdman 

If you just ported your old number over to PM, did you leave the old SIM in your phone and reply to the text confirming you are porting over to PM? There is a 90 minutes window for you to reply or porting is aborted and need a CS_Agent to restart the porting process.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

Removed response on Telus outage.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

How long have you been PM customer?

If you just ported your number then all outgoing service will work but incoming will still go to old SIM.

Little bit details is needed.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you just sign up? Did you transfer a number from a previous provider? Did you confirm the transfer text with the old sim still in?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Can we assume you're a new PM customer and ported your number from old cell netrwork ?

Need Help? Let's chat.