cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no incoming calls

gmwindsor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated a new sim 3 days ago and can send but not receive incoming calls. During the activation process I requested porting in of my old mobile number from Bell . I entered my  Bell bundle account number and maybe this was not the actual mobile account number. I guess im unsure if the porting actually went through because it has been three days but yet i can still make calls. I also cannot find my old Bell sim card. I attempted to submit a ticket but after entering my account info the "Next" box remains greyed out and unclickable.

6 REPLIES 6

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gmwindsor 

FYI

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should create a support ticket for moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is from couple of hours to couple of days. https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider. You can continue to use the old provider SIM card until it stops working which is the indication that your number was released to PM.

After waiting for 3 days, your port request is stuck.  Follows the instructions from above posts to get moderator help to finish your port. 

gmwindsor

Its a Samsung Galaxy A8

@gmwindsor  what's the make and model of the device?

reset your network settings

1. Open Settings>General Management>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings>Tap Reset Settings
If prompted enter your pin, passcode
3. Tap Reset Settings 1 more time to confirm
4. Restart

@gmwindsor wrote:

I attempted to submit a ticket but after entering my account info the "Next" box remains greyed out and unclickable.

@gmwindsor you can also send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

gmwindsor

I attempted to submit a ticket but after entering my account info the "Next" box remains greyed out and unclickable.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@gmwindsor wrote:

I activated a new sim 3 days ago and can send but not receive incoming calls. During the activation process I requested porting in of my old mobile number from Bell . I entered my  Bell bundle account number and maybe this was not the actual mobile account number. I guess im unsure if the porting actually went through because it has been three days but yet i can still make calls. I also cannot find my old Bell sim card.

contact a moderator you can do so by clicking the question mark at the lower right corner,to avoid going around in circles with Simon say that you want a human to speak to, a ticket will then be generated briefly mention your issue port incomplete 

you should get a response between 2 to 48 hours a reply should show up in your little envelope in the top right corner 

Need Help? Let's chat.