cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no calls coming in

khasanbd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I activated my public mobile SIM almost 24 hours ago but still cannot receive any call, and each time I try I get this message "The customer you are calling is not available ... ". I am able to make calls and send and receive text messages though. Can anyone help me on this? 

Regards,

Kamrul 

10 REPLIES 10

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@khasanbd 

You are waiting for your previous provider to release your phone number to PM.

1.  Wait for moderator to help you on your support ticket.

2.  Put you old SIM in your phone and wait for your previous provider to text you for your confirmation to port.

The following is the info on porting:

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] page?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should create a support ticket for moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is from couple of hours to couple of days.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release your number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider. You can continue to use the old provider SIM card until it stops working which is the indication that your number was released to PM.

khasanbd

Hi esjliv, 

I did try 3 of your suggestions without success. Will try the fourth one. Thanks

@kb_mv wrote:

@will13am @esjliv @khasanbd I considered the port issue as well but the op says that when people call him they get "The customer you are calling is not available ... " instead of the calls are still going to an old account?

If OP is using the Public Mobile SIM in the phone, the old SIM is probably sitting in a drawer.  If you turn your phone off and call have someone call you, I think the response can be the customer is not available... depending on the carrier.  For Public Mobile, the call goes straight to voicemail without any notification.  

khasanbd

Thanks kevnv! Following your suggestions, I created a ticket. 

@AE_Collector I had not considered that. Technically this is beyond me. Hopefully someone more versed in the tech end of how this all works will chime in.

@kb_mv 

What if the old provider account has expired in he mean time? Could be some interim mode related to that?

AE_Collector

@will13am @esjliv @khasanbd I considered the port issue as well but the op says that when people call him they get "The customer you are calling is not available ... " instead of the calls are still going to an old account?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@khasanbd , by chance did you submit a number port with your activation?  If so, port protection feature requires that you acknowledge the port from the sending carrier end.  Please follow the knowledge base article to complete the number port.  Good luck and welcome to Public Mobile.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @khasanbd ,

Try one or more of the below:

*rebooting your phone

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port. Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services until the port is complete.

If still issues than follow @kb_mv instructions to contact a moderator to check provisioning of your account.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@khasanbd Hmmmm, you can make calls and send / receive texts but not receive calls? Sounds like there was an issue with the activation. Contact a moderator for help.

You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Click the chat bubble bottom right of the browser as shown in the picture and open a ticket through the automated ticketing system;

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 12.40.34 PM.png

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

Need Help? Let's chat.