cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no Sim card detected

ergyth
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Considering I seem to be the 3rd person today (maybe more) to have this problem.  Did PM send out a bad batch of SIM cards?

So I went through, registered with PM, activated my SIM, ported my number over.  I have verified the following:

• One Plus Two, North american version
    • The phone is unlocked and compatable with PM
  • Account shows Active

Since the phone is dual SIM, I had both SIM cards in, only the PM card shows that it isn't detected.  I've swapped slots and got the same results.  Old SIM card gets detected, PM shows nothing.  I've also tried with just the PM SIM, same results.  I also tried the tape trick and the phone still shows no SIM card detected.

I've ordered a new SIM but considering I just paid $150 for PM service and now I don't have service through either PM or my old provider, I'm a little annoyed.

14 REPLIES 14

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Welcome (finally!) to Public Mobile, @ergyth! 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@ergyth

Thank you for updating us 🙂 I'm glad you were able to activate the new SIM card!

Let us know, if anything!

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

ergyth

The new SIM card works, I was able to connect right away.  Data and cell are both up and running.

ergyth

Yep, Shazia_K sent me a new SIM, I'll update once I have recived it and very that it works (or doesn't).

Thank you for the help.

srlawren

Wonderful news, thanks @Shazia_K 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @srlawren,

Thanks for following up 🙂

The issue was resolved, @ergyth might want to update you guys later?

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

srlawren

@Shazia_K have you been able to help @ergyth at all?  

ergyth

I've sent a PM to Shazia_K.

@ergyth Do you know how to send a private message?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@ergyth

I understand this can be very disappointing, would you mind sending me all the info? I will look into this for you right away. 

Thanks.

Shazia

ergyth

I've sent an email, still waiting on a reply.  This is a pretty disipointing first experience with a new provider.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @ergyth,

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

I'm very sorry to read that you are not getting service on your new SIM card. 

Would you please send me the account info and SIM card number via private message? 

I will be glad to look into this for you.

Thanks,

Shazia

@Shazia_K@Kalla_A@Mary_M@Jeremy_M, 3 ppl have just reported of receiving possible defective Tri-Sims, and one paid for service and cannot enjoy due to this.

Can PM do something abouth this issue?

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Hi. Oh dear, this is extremely odd, embarrissing and unacceptable. either send PM an email detailing exactly what you described, or send a PM rep a private message and they'll surely get on the case, as this can lead to some possible unpleasent surprises

Need Help? Let's chat.