cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new user and having issues

cathy_mcd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I am a new user, switched due to recommendations from others. Now that I have the new plan I have difficulties sending text messages to my family group as well as individuals. Is this because I am now on a cheaper 3G network? I'm starting to wonder if the savings is worth the aggravation.

Thanks for any help.

7 REPLIES 7

Can you try the SIM card in another phone to test ?

cathy_mcd

I have rebooted the phone a couple of times. I don't know how or where to reset network settings. I have contacted the CS_Agents and apparently there is no problem. 

cathy_mcd

I don't even know what that means! lol

I didn't need my cell data before I switched to PM. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@cathy_mcd

Does outgoing & incoming calls work?

How about data?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@cathy_mcd 

Did you pick a new number or ported your old number over?

If you picked a new number, just reboot your phone by powering off then back on.

If you ported over your old number, you MUST reply to the text confirming you are porting over to PM with an answer YES within the 90 minutes window with your old SIM in your phone.

If you missed this step like most new members, you need to contact a CS_Agent by private messaging to restart the porting process for you again.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

iphone or Android? Try resetting network settings? Did you turn on cell data for those group texts?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@cathy_mcd ! No that shouldn’t matter at all . Re boot the phone . Or reset network settings . See if that helps . Is it possible for you to try the SIM card in another phone also . If you need more help from support here’s the link 

privrate message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.