cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new activations only plans

jennvetter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey guys, I am looking at cancelling my current plan and then reactivating to another plan that is for new activations only.

Can this be done without having to get a new number or SIM card?

thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

tarsbo1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would suggest contacting PM directly (create a ticket) and ask if they would honour the deal.
As a loyal customer, I hope that we get more offers in the future. I've been so disappointed in PM these days.
New customers get more for less. Loyal customers get switched from rewards to the lesser points system and pay more for less data.

Frank_M
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I found a way around this without paying another provider

I use the Ooma home phone that comes with two rolling lines. I never publish the second number so I port one of my public accounts to my ooma account and then back to public. The cost is NIL if you use an esim so technically for the 4 Public plans I have I can switch whenever I want.

Whats even better is that ooma lets you pick from hundreds of phone numbers so I pick a new number as my second line and managed to bring in some phenomenal phone numbers to public. 

So if you have a home internet phone with two lines I assume you can do similar to what I did with my Ooma service.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@jennvetter 

The only way to get the promo is to port out to another carrier then purchase a new SIM and port back. I that is too much trouble in getting the new activation deal.

There are new promo plans every month so login on the PM app then check for deals on Subscription tab>Manage Subscription>Change Subscription.

Members have tried contacting the CS_Agent to help them change to the new activation plan for existing members but got rejected.

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jennvetter 

Unfortunately, you can’t sign in a new plan /account and transfer the number from old PM account to a new one, SIM card is one time use, once it’s deactivated, you can’t use it anymore 

you can port out to another provider, then port back in as a new account, the new plan will have your old number

Need Help? Let's chat.