cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my phone keeps disconnecting while talking with someone

mlp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This has just started happening in the last month and today it did it 5 times in 45 minutes - very frustrating.  What can I do?

6 REPLIES 6

PlanShopper
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I raised a ticket almost 3 weeks ago and spoke with 1st and 2nd line techs over the last couple weeks.  They indicated that it was my hardware (across 5 different devices btw - Iphone 7, LG G6, Pixel XL, Essential, and  Galaxy S3).  Convenient that ALL of my phones are having the same issue.  I documented every dropped call and they did absolutely nothing aside from blame my hardware and tell me to switch to Koodo.

I NEVER get disconnected when talking within the PM network, but anytime I'm talking outside the network (Landline, another carrier or anythign that isn't owned by PM), it disconnects.  It has to be a switching issue..

Based on the wealth of threads in the last few days/weeks on dropped calls, it's pretty clear there is an issue on PM's network and it's absolutely blowing up.

Isa1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same thing has been happening to me for the past 1.5 weeks - very frustrating

@black-knight wrote:

Same thing happening to 3 of my family 👪 accounts. Every day between 4- 7pm. The calls drop 💧 or disconnect. Its annoying. Possibly looking for new carrier if this does not get rectified. If customer service existed like 611 they would not be able to handle the issue but maybe they would have resolved the issue. 

Always at same time could be network capacity issue in area. Lots of people use phone on way home from work or school.  

black-knight
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Same thing happening to 3 of my family 👪 accounts. Every day between 4- 7pm. The calls drop 💧 or disconnect. Its annoying. Possibly looking for new carrier if this does not get rectified. If customer service existed like 611 they would not be able to handle the issue but maybe they would have resolved the issue. 

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mlp wrote:

This has just started happening in the last month and today it did it 5 times in 45 minutes - very frustrating.  What can I do?

@mlp I will try contact the Moderator by sending them a private message to find out what happens. You can click on the envelop icon and send to "Moderator_Team". 

In the meantime, you can try restart your phone. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@mlp wrote:

Seems to be a known problem for the last couple of weeks. You can send a private message to moderators for their resolution...Click this to message them.

Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.