cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

messengers do not work from a mobile operator, only through a home wi-fi

natal89
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello. I have already used my 250 MB. My messengers (whatsapp, viber, Google maps) do not work without wifi. That is, my mobile connection works only to receive incoming calls. What should I change in the mobile settings?

7 REPLIES 7

@natal89

oops, My original post was wrong.  200Mb or 1GB  🙂

Just login to My Account, go to Payment page , click Shop Add-ons, then you can check the add-ons there.  

There is a Data tab for data.  You can buy 1GB for $15 or 200MB for $5.  Add it to cart then pay

Once payment made successfully, just logoff from My Account and reboot your phone

Ref: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

natal89
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you very much for the information. how can i buy additional 200 Mb or 1000 GB?

@Timer wrote:

@natal89 

what kind your device.

When someone is out of data, the device mdoel is irrelevant.  Mobile data can't be used until more is purchased.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@natal89 

what kind your device.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@natal89 How offen do you use all data? A different plan that includes more data could be better for you.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@natal89 

There is nothing to change in your Mobile settings. These apps require wifi or data to work. Since you are out of data you can use wifi to access them.

Google maps can be downloaded in wifi and can be used offline if interested. 

Wait for your plan to renew to get plan data replenished or buy addon (as softech posted).

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@natal89   this is normal.  Messenger app like Whatsapp, Google, maps all need internet connection , either via Mobile Data or Wifi

You can buy data add-on , 200 Mb or 1000 1 GB data add-on   The add-on has no expiry.  So, if you don't used them up before your next renewal, it will roll over to next month for use when you regular 250 GB are all used up again

Or if you want to save money on data add-on, then the only choice now is to send via SMS or MMS instead of messaging apps like whatsapp

Need Help? Let's chat.