cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is this a joke? phone disconnected despite having money on my account

roniebanerjee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi

my plan is supposed to last me for 90 days. i have additional top up money on my account. and yet, you guys disconnected my phone. for a working professional, this is the outer limit of tolerable. if my phone is reconnected ASAP i'll be changing my service. enough is enough.

thanks

ronnie

15 REPLIES 15

pmuser1990
"is this a joke?" Yes, in fact Public Mobile is a joke. It has no business practices. They are highly unprofessional. I am stuck for 3 days and have been unable to use my phone number. Moderators haven't replied me. I would say find another company. I'm trying to do the same as soon as I get the refund.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Raya18 if your service is still working, then ignore the suspended notice, and don't worry about making any extra payments.  If your service is not working, you're in good company right now because some system maintenance this past weekend is causing a lot of failed renewals so far this week.  What you will need to do in this case is contact the moderator team for help, and be patient as they are extremely backlogged at the moment due to this issue.

Here's how to contact them, should you need to know to do so:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Raya18
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,  I joined public mobile a month ago and I paid the bill before the due date and it says account balance is $40, now on July 31St it says my account is suspended,  I want to make a payment but it's not accepting my card.  My bank says it has to with your end because my card is active and I bought groceries earlier , what is going on and what can I do, I want my phone back on so jobs can call me this week

roniebanerjee

....and yeah, the moderators resolved this, but it shouldn't have happened to begin with. not in 2017.

roniebanerjee

i would have given a snarky reply to your rather unhelpful comments, too (yes, sherlock, disconnected means nothing is working), but i am used to ignoring unhelpful comments unless they verge on the fatuous, which mike's did. happy?

srlawren

@roniebanerjee so, you took the time to come back and give a snarky reply to @Mike40999, whom was trying to be helpful, and completely ignored my replies?  No worries.

Hopefully the moderators resolve this for you soon, if they haven't yet.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

roniebanerjee

which part of "i have money on my account" was hard to follow, mike?

srlawren

@roniebanerjee I forgot to add:

what is your account status in your self-serve account?  Are you seeing "Suspended" or "Plan Expired"?  If so, is this your renewal night?  If so, and if your'e still getting phone and text and data services working fine, don't panic, and tomorrow morning your account status will have reverted back to "Active".

srlawren

@roniebanerjee while you're waiting to hear back from the moderators, could you maybe give us a bit more detail as to what's happened?

- how far into your 90 days are you?

- have ALL your services stopped working, or just certain one(s)?  Data is the only one I might expect to see suddenly stop, if you have used up all your plan data.  If only data stopped, can you sign into your self-serve account and on the overview page (where you land after logging in), scroll down to My Add-ons, and see if your data amount is still listed there?  If you don't see it any more, it means you used it all up and this is why data stopped.  This is how pre-paid plans work.

Mike40999
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sorry to hear that, this is discount wireless mobile, it is pay as you go. if you dont pay , your line is disconnected, simple as that. you should be paying for other company if your not happy. Public mobile line is pretty good with LTE for cheap price is wealth it.

Mike

@CalvinW, it is referring to the promo's that most people are here for.  Yes it has changed

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
How is PM low cost? Their new pricing is approaching the Big 3, yet their reliability is still finicky

@roniebanerjee, it is a risk we take with a low cost provider

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Public-Service-Announcement/m-p/167693#M5...

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

roniebanerjee

done, but the very fact that this happened is already pushing it. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@roniebanerjee, sorry to hear about this. You  will have to click on this link Moderator Team

to send a private message.  Include your email and phone number.  That is your best way to contact them.

Need Help? Let's chat.