cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invalid sim -- was port successful?

MG2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi...wondering if the community can help me out.  I was trying to port my gf's phone # from Rogers. It rejected her MC credit card and said to activate again.  When I went to activate again, it said SIM was invalid.  I phoned the credit card company and it did say the charge ($120)  was pending.  So I am confused... is the Rogers number going to be ported?  The sim card is in the phone but so far (~45 min) is still not active.  If I try to log into her account that she created, it says that it is not a registered account.  Did nothing work?  Will she lose her Rogers number?

I am so in the dog house for this 😞

Please help...

10 REPLIES 10

MG2
Thanks @sf1... I created a ticket for each of the two lines I Ported over - each one has a problem.

sf1

yes it is different, as I said the moderators are very busy due to the volume of messages they received.

Contact us > Sim & Activation > Porting

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

MG2

Hey @sf1... What did you mean by create a ticket? Is that different from sending them a privte message?

Thanks 🙂

MG2

@Mary_M  @Shazia_KCan you please help out?  I ported my gf's number, got charged on credit card but she isn't received any texts etc.  I've already sent message to the PM but do need help asap.  She needs her phone for work and is in limbo. Her account (email and passowrd etc) won't allow me to get her into the self service area to check on her sim.  

Thanks very much for understanding.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You're quite welcome, @MG2

I can only advise you to have patience and respond to any queries from the mods.  You're officially in for this promo even if it takes them a while to sort this out.  

Typically, this sort of issue would get resolved within couple of hours.  But, as you must have read already, the mods are working through a backlog of messages at the moment thanks to the super hot promo deal.  

sf1

create a ticket too, that way at least you have a reference that it was sent.

Private messages are only read when the mods have the time but at this time they are swamped.  The thing is they have no time to reply, and people will keep messaging them and create more backlogs.  PMs are not prioritized and categorized, tickets are.   Even the community is a mess, the members are helpful and nice but nothing prevents similar topics to spread everywhere between discussion, getting started and self serve and others.  I have only been here for short time I see it as a serious problem and I can't believe they don't see this as a problem.  They need to standardize the system for troubles as there is no call support otherwise anytime they do promo they will get backlogs.

MG2

Thansk @sf1.  The phone is unlocked. I did send The a message to the mods to see if they can help too.  The Rogers sim card is stilll working now after an hour so hopefully she will have a functional phone for the next few days.  what stress! thanks again....

MG2

Thanks @imm1304.  The Rogers sim card is still functional. We do have unlocked phones so I don't think that is the problem here. I have sent a message to the one of the mods and hopefully they can fix this. Of course, we did want to get on to this special plan before it expires.  We have a spare unlocked phone right now, so the PM card is in that phone but still no data or signal.  Appreciate your reply!!

sf1

Is your phone compatible with Public Mobile?

Is it unlocked?  They are actually on Telus network.

If your sim can not be activated again chances are it went through.

As long as your Rogers sim is still showing signal the port is not fully complete (or not even initialized yet)

Few checks you can do, put back your Rogers sim and make/receive calls and texts to your number see if your Rogers still picks up everything.  We have a lot of people here have PM works on everything except for incoming calls or texts going to old sim.

check in the next day or two see if the $120 got charged indeed.

If things are not looking right, make sure you open a ticket and remember the promo ends on 20th I am assuming you are signing up for the promo.

Do not message the mods at this time as they are too busy. (well you can try)  I sent them message last Thursday and this Saturday and they have not get the chance to read them yet.  But the ticket technical support resolved my issue.

Contact us > Sim & Activation > Porting

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @MG2

Sounds like your account got stuck partly activated status.  

Normally, at this stage your pm sim card should connect to the network and you should have data, and outgoing call and sms.  Are you sure the phone is not locked to Rogers?  If yes, then this could be the problem with an easy fix.  

Don't worry, she won't lose her Rogers number so easily.  The Rogers sim card should continue to work until the number is ported.  So put the Rogers sim card back in the phone for now.  

You will need help from the mods to fix this.  Send a private message to @Mary_M and include the following:  The sim card number you tried to activate, Rogers phone number, Rogers account number & PIN.  The IMEI number (dial*#06#) of the phone she was using with Rogers and of course, the name of the Rogers account holder. And an alternate phone number... possibly yours or home number, etc.  

Need Help? Let's chat.