cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insert sim / emergency

RebeccaCam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

New user. Activated sim. Shows sim 1 and sim 2 on screen One say Emergency and the other says insert sim.  I've tried both slots. Do i need two sim cards?

35 REPLIES 35

RebeccaCam

Ok so I called Rogers and they said I need to unlock it with Public Mobile.  So can someone please help me figure out how to unlock it? I can't find the box with the user guide in it

@RebeccaCam wrote:

It's an old M-Horse B2000 I got off someone. It was in box never used and said public mobile on it. So here i am 🙂 It doesn't say 'emergency calls only" I have an option that says dual sim settings and can turn one of them off..maybe i should do that? And I go to Network Settings and automatic won't register me and manual shows Rogers. Not sure if that means it's a Rogers phone. Not supposed to be

Sorry, but this phone is incompatible. It is a 2g-GSM-only phone.  You can only find the Rogers network because in Canada, that's the only network in your location that this device will work on.

RebeccaCam

It's an old M-Horse B2000 I got off someone. It was in box never used and said public mobile on it. So here i am 🙂 It doesn't say 'emergency calls only" I have an option that says dual sim settings and can turn one of them off..maybe i should do that? And I go to Network Settings and automatic won't register me and manual shows Rogers. Not sure if that means it's a Rogers phone. Not supposed to be

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

All cellphones can call 911 without a sim.  Sounds like your activation was not completed.

You can have dual sims and use either slot or both.

Log into your self serve account to check the status and also check if your credit card was charged.  Try shutting down your phone and rebooting it. Also try removing your sim and reinstalling it.  If you have another phone the try swapping it to see if it works.

@RebeccaCam wrote:

New user. Activated sim. Shows sim 1 and sim 2 on screen One say Emergency and the other says insert sim.  I've tried both slots. Do i need two sim cards?

A message such as "Emergency Calls Only" usually means that the phone is connected to a cellualr network isn't allow any actvitity other than 9-11 calls. This can be becuase the phone is connecting to another provider's network or if the service wasn't activated properly.  I would suggest to check to make sure that the network type isn't set to 2g-only.

As for dual-SIM card phones, there is no need to use both SIM card slots. Tehre's also the possibility of a a network compatibility issue. Which phone model do you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.