Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inporting numbers

janspring
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to have my phone number imparted from Freedom Mobile to Public Mobile

11 REPLIES 11

@janspring wrote:

I am already activated with PM but can't get incoming calls, I can phone out ok and text as well but can't receive phone calls

@janspring if you missed the SMS text from freedom, try inserting the freedom sim card and see if comes in.

Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If still issues or the text has not arrived, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) to have the SMS resent; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

kjweather

Happened to me too. (I moved from FM to PM). It took from 5:30 pm into 1:30 pm the next day for FM to cancel my account so I could start getting texts and calls. You might be able to place both SIM cards in your phone in the interim (that's what I did). Or just leave in you freedom SIM card until they cancel.

kjweather

Happened to me too. (I moved from FM to PM). It took from 5:30 pm into 1:30 pm the next day for FM to cancel my account so I could start getting texts and calls. You might be able to place both SIM cards in your phone in the interim (that's what I did)

@janspring 

contact to support team by private message CS_Agent 

@janspring 

It sounds like the porting process was not completed but try rebooting your phone to see if that works. Power the phone off then power it back on.

Did you reply to the text and confirm you are porting over to PM with the Freedom SIM in your phone? There is a 90 minute window for you to reply or the porting will be abandoned.

You will need the help of a CS_Agent to complete the porting process. Just type in Create a Ticket through SIMon Chatbot or private message them on this Community.

hi @janspring you requested porting during activation?  will send you the porting team number.  Call them and they will have live person to check the status for you 

Please check your Community inbox for my message 

janspring

I am already activated with PM but can't get incoming calls, I can phone out ok and text as well but can't receive phone calls

janspring

Yes I still have my freedom account

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @janspring make sure your Freedom account is still active.  You can request porting during activation.   But remember to keep the Freedom sim card in the phone.  Freedom will send you a text and you need to reply YES within 90 mins for the porting to go through 

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Do you already have a PM account? Be sure to keep your Freedom account active until you complete the transfer. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Do you already have PM account?

If Yes, then go and click on Bring my...

Meow_0-1659801384687.png

BOTH accounts have to be active. Leave OLD SIM in phone, reply Yes within 90 minutes on porting authorization request. If everything is done properly, within few hours you will have old number on your PM phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.