cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage Activation error message after 24hr!

Appletina88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I joined Public Mobile yesterday porting my number from Rogers. I have an iPhone 11.

Everything went well during this transfer process EXCEPT for the iMessage.

I got the $35/month plan btw.

After 24-hours (per Apple article it says it could take up to 24-hr) and multiple restarting the phone, turning off cellular data & back on, etc. it is still giving me error + has an exclamation mark on the iMessage icon.

The error message says "An error occurred during activation. Try again."

When I go into Messages section in the settings, Send & Receive says " No Addresses" I think it should be my phone number.

Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this??

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow wrote:

no, i just want to say thanks.  🙂

@hTideGnow 

your welcome friend, and thank you 

no, i just want to say thanks.  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow 

yeah i did see it after i do post it, what is the issue !

@Anonymous wrote:

@Appletina88 

If, after 24 hours, you are still not able to get iMessages working ... 

@Anonymous  you came  late, probably you didn't read the whole thread.  it was working already  as of 3 hours ago, but thanks.

@Appletina88 wrote:

@hTideGnow I have no idea what changed, but all of the sudden it works now. I have not restarted the phone or anything... but thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Appletina88 

If, after 24 hours, you are still not able to get iMessages working because of an activation error, It's possible the trouble you're having with iMessages is in part or entirely because of it. Make sure that your device has the latest version of iOS updated. You may also try to your Apple ID logout and reboot your device and signin again is will be working,

@Appletina88 wrote:

@hTideGnow I have no idea what changed, but all of the sudden it works now. I have not restarted the phone or anything... but thank you!

Great. It works. We are happy.  Enjoy your new phone.

did you update the phone number on the iPhone settings?

Go to Settings->Name, Phone Numbers, Email->Contactable At

Choose Edit

Enter the correct phone number

Save

Appletina88

Appletina88

@hTideGnow 

I can

• make outgoing calls
  • receive incoming calls
  • data is working
  • Wifi is working

Not sure if this affects anything, but want to mention in iPhone settings  -> Messages -> I turned on Send as SMS so I can receive SMS. (for ex, my friend who also has an iPhone messaged me this morning and I got it as SMS/Green, so I know SMS also works...)

@Appletina88  First of all, let's confirm if your activation with PM is completed.  Can you make outgoing calls? receive incoming calls?

is Data working? is Wifi working?

Some people cannnot activate iMessage because the phone activation is not completed.  PM has been having some issue with SIM provisioning this week.

Appletina88

Different phone completely.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Appletina88   are  you using the same iPhone on Rogers before the porting? or a different iPhone? or a different phone completely?

Need Help? Let's chat.