i cannot log in pay bill

putski73
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i cannot get into my account i cannot renew password

i cannot do anything now because i dont have a phone

i cannot pay my bill

why

11 REPLIES 11

And you had previously lost your phone AND sim? Payment due is a little different from last payment. Can you use another phone and call 1-855-4pu-blic and enter your phone number and hear what it has to say?

Did you possibly deal with a credit card fraud problem recently?

putski73

its only been a couple of days since payment was due.  if i could log into my account i can fix.  but I cannot get into my account.   ive changed passwords ive gone in coqnuito ive cleaned my history, used different computers and cell phones  nothing lets me get into my account.  i have my phone  i have the sim i just cant get into my account to pay

When did you last pay? Until you get a phone (and a sim?) you have a 90 day grace period of being suspended before the account would cease to exist (120 days since last payment). You don't need to keep paying. There's no credit here. So you could just leave it be until you replace the phone (and sim?). Assuming before 90 days. Let us know if you're also replacing the sim.

@putski73   PM is a prepaid provider, you have to pay before you use for the next 30 days.  Hence , missing payment will result in service suspension.  

putski73

chat bot is useless.   i had a credit card reissued and i was not up to date on the auto renewal so payment laps and i was cut off the network.  i did try incogneto didnt work.  this is way to difficult just to pay the bill.  im leaving public  or leaving my phone   thanks

@putski73 wrote:

i have only been unpaid for 2 days and have no way to get into my account i have managed to change my password finally but not even that works.  im sure it has everything to do with the parent company of the phone line telus.   ive made an alternate id on the community to try and get help.  611 wont help as i need a 4 didget pass code i dont even have as ive been a member for a few years.  i guess its time to move on to another carrier

You don't need a 4 digit pin to add a voucher through 611 @putski73 . edit, you said you don't have a phone, so you lost your phone and sim card?

Did you try the incognito mode tab after you changed your password? Maybe you never created a My Account before if you activated instore in the past. CSA can help you with that.

If you have been a member for a few years you are familiar with Customer Support (CSA) contact methods then? Search help articles and find this:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent or go to chatbot at bottom of community page to submit a ticket.

You only need the 4 digit account pin (that you set up once upon a time) to use your registered credit card. As mentioned, you can buy vouchers and enter them in the 611 without the pin. You could also go to a few stores and use real time payments. You could also log in to the chatbot and make payments with the card and vouchers.

It has everything to do with the newer 2FA thing they put in with the new-ish system change and also their terrible caching the system does. It's a problem when suspended and your email also uses 2FA.

Adding - again with my reading...I was responding to his update. You can also enter those vouchers from another phone using 1-855-4pu-blic. So do you have a phone and a sim now?

putski73

i have only been unpaid for 2 days and have no way to get into my account i have managed to change my password finally but not even that works.  im sure it has everything to do with the parent company of the phone line telus.   ive made an alternate id on the community to try and get help.  611 wont help as i need a 4 didget pass code i dont even have as ive been a member for a few years.  i guess its time to move on to another carrier

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@putski73 

If you have been in nonpay/suspended status for over 90 days, then you lost your Public Mobile account, phone number, and access to self serve/My Account.

Otherwise, try clearing your browser's cache, or try a different browser or device. Or, open a tab in incognito mode and access My Account that way.

If the account is currently in suspended status you can also look into obtaining a voucher to make a payment through 611,  see here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles?q=vouchers

Locations to obtain some: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/payment-voucher

For My Account log in issues, you can submit a ticket here to: Create, forgot or change My Account email or password link

@putski73 wrote:

i cannot get into my account i cannot renew password

i cannot do anything now because i dont have a phone

i cannot pay my bill

why

Until the website issue can be sorted out, payment vouchers can be purchased at some local convenience stores. The voucher can be applied by dialing 611 from your device.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@putski73 , can you try using incognito mode on the browser when doing the password reset.

Need Help? Let's chat.