cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i am out of country and made last payment in dec 2014.How long can i keep my account and cell number

sukhdevbedi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am out of country and want to keep my account and number active.I made last payment in dec.2014. I want to return in May 2015

3 REPLIES 3

Mat_F
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@sukhdevbedi - good question! And @Griff and @chukdefatey are spot on. Your account will remain active for 90 days, so if you return in May without making a payment since December 2014, your account will be deactivated.

It is important to remember that if you are on one of our Pioneer / grandfathered plans (i.e., those offered between May 2014 and January 2015), then you will lose this plan altogether and need to activate on a new plan. See here. Something to consider. If you want to keep your plan then make sure you make a renewal payment before your 90 days is up. It may no be ideal since you're out of the country, but maybe there is a chance for someone back home to use it. Once a plan is deactivated its gone for good and cannot be reactivated. Whatever works for you - your call.

Enjoy your travels!

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@sukhdevbedi, You have 90 Days before your paid 30 days are over to keep your number.

So let's say you paid for 30 days on Dec-1 which will end on Dec-30, so starting December-31 would be the first day of your 90 days before your number is wiped off the system for good. So if you are still within the 90 days make sure you pay our else your number will be gone.

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

After a number is inactive for 90 days - having a balance of 0, it will expire and be erased as a number with Public Mobile.

It would be dependent on how much balance you have remaning and the cost of your monthly plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.