cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i am getting signal but incoming & outgoing , data not working.

lakshmipriya1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

There are times that the APN type setting doesn't need to be set. Specifically with Android, this depends on the operating sytem version and the software on that exact device. I've even read about some devices that need a capital letter in some of the settings, but it wasn't required on some other phones. If someone's looking for an absolute APN settings guide, it doesn't exists because there can sometimes be slight varations of the settings needed to get everything working.

Right. So we start with what mostly works like with Jb456's screenshots. Then failing that drill down to some of the different slight variations. Try this here. Try that there.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jb456 

But you're not wrong.

We could all say "officially it's this, but in the real world it's that". Or simply give the proper information. If the customer still has problems then look to those options. You do already with your couple canned screenshots.

There are times that the APN type setting doesn't need to be set. Specifically with Android, this depends on the operating sytem version and the software on that exact device. I've even read about some devices that need a capital letter in some of the settings, but it wasn't required on some other phones. If someone's looking for an absolute APN settings guide, it doesn't exists because there can sometimes be slight varations of the settings needed to get everything working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 

But you're not wrong.

We could all say "officially it's this, but in the real world it's that". Or simply give the proper information. If the customer still has problems then look to those options. You do already with your couple canned screenshots.

@computergeek541  thanks for clarifying that this is from PM site. 

Agree with you it should at least have apn type. I've seen a few screenshots that were just a blank apn type or just default that resulted in internet completely not working or MMS not working.

I do have one phone that needs the MNVO set to gid 4d4f but my newer ones don't need this set. 

I guess newer phones don't need all these settings 🤔

Thanks again!

@esjliv  Apologies for my post on other thread. I will go back and edit it. PCgeek confirmed it's from PM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 , @Jb456 : which is why I will often add "officially". computergeek541 is right...officially it does say those things. But we all know APN's need more. Phones that can do this properly have more. But officially... )

@Jb456 wrote:

@computergeek541  I tagged another member recently @esjliv  that has the same post as you on another thread.

#3 on your post says "Leave all other fields blank just hit save and you're good to go.

So what about APN type, APN protocol, MNVO type, etc?

Has something changed that I missed?

Thanks!

I haven never seen a need for the MNVO type of APN protocol settings to be touched, but I do agree with when it comes to APN type, and in most cases on Android, it should have at least default,MMS.  The information that I provied is an exact quote from the Public Mobile website. While it may not be complete or work in all cases, it's a good place to look for clues.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@lakshmipriya1 

try restarting your phone

check this site to see if there is a service outage in the area

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus

@computergeek541  I tagged another member recently @esjliv  that has the same post as you on another thread.

#3 on your post says "Leave all other fields blank just hit save and you're good to go.

So what about APN type, APN protocol, MNVO type, etc?

Has something changed that I missed?

Thanks!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@lakshmipriya1 Log in to your self-serve account and check the account status. Did you just activated a line? If yes, did you port in your number during activation? 

Usually, data not working, especially for a new customer, is a matter of the APN settings not being set.  Here's a good starting point from https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone .

"

Set Up Data On An Android Phone 

Here’s how to set up data in 3 steps:1) Tap:

• Settings
  • More
  • Access Point Names
  • New APN Settings

2) Input this info:

3) Leave all the other fields blank. Just hit save, and you’re good to go!"

However, since it also appears that calls aren't working, which phone model are you using?  Ensure that it has UMTS 850/1900MHz which is necessary for phone calls.  The other possibility is an account provisioning problem, for which you would need a moderator, but first I would suggest first some troubleshooting.

Need Help? Let's chat.