cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to stop service

holden2021
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am going leave for a period time,if i delete the automatic payment, do i need to do anything else?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Meow wrote:

I believe, if service is deactivated then SIM cannot be reused and new one has to be obtained.

@Meow  - only if it has been deactivated/suspended/unpaid for 90 days or more.

If it was within 90 days, you can use the same SIM card.

holden2021
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

GREAT👍

I believe, if service is deactivated then SIM cannot be reused and new one has to be obtained.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@holden2021 

That's all you need to do.

If you want to retain the service, on day 89 buy the cheapest plan and reactivate and then you'll have another 89 days past the end of that cycle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@holden2021 : Yes, toggle off autopay and maybe even remove your payment card (which would also turn off autopay obviously). Then if you don't have enough Available Funds to cover your plan cost then the service will suspend. You now have 90 days to keep the account alive. After that, the account will deactivate.

If you have enough Available Funds to cover your plan cost then you'll need to use the Lost/Stolen function to self-suspend your account before renewal. Then the same 90 day clock starts.

Before 90 days then deposit sufficient funds to cover your plan cost and you will reactivate the account.

Need Help? Let's chat.