cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get a refund from Public Mobile

shadoplay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dear Public Mobile

OK, now that our 10 day "holiday" is over I am demanding a full refund for the amount of $22.40 X3 that it cost to purchase an american data etc. add-on to my familys accounts. There are 3 phones in my family and an add-on was purchased for each of the 3 phones, one for mine one for my wife's and one for our son's and I am going to demand a refund for each of our plans. The purpose of purchasing this add-on was to use the phones for geocaching, mostly mapping apps that devour data. The result of these add-ons was disasterous. Our phones would try to log on to T-Mobile (the provider you contracted with) and rarely, more often than not just try and try and try with either limited success (taking 5 min to bring up a map) or just sit there and try and try again with no luck. We had to purchase an expensive sim card after awhile for one phone just to be able to geocache with partial success. In short you ruined our holiday, and here's why.

We talked to the tech guy who sold us the sim card who was surprised that we hadn't heard that T-Mobile had mostly shut down their G3 and G4 cell towers with the rare exception of one or two in the heart of Seattle and Portland.... google "tmobile to shutter lte networks on-june-30-2022" is there on the internet for all to read, surely Canadian Public Mobile is capable of knowing this as well?

And yes our phones were configured properly to use the app, we know that because one cell tower in Seattle near the space needle was still operating the T-Mobile G3/G4 system and it worked perfectly while we were within a few blocks of that cell tower. The sim card we bought operated on AT&T and worked well everywhere and if Public Mobile had contracted with them to provide the service they advertised, all would have been well.

The bottom line is you sold us a product that doesn't exist! I don't know what you call that but it comes close to fraud in my mind.

Please inform me how to begin the process of returning a refund for all 3 of our add-ons immediately.
Stan

4 REPLIES 4

muratovtair007
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello , I bought a eSIM card but I'm in Germany now and it doesn't work, my brother make a payment. And I would like refund my money.
best regards Tair Muratov

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@shadoplay Public Mobile also deals with AT&T, did you try and manually select that network?  LTE Data should have worked on AT&T as well as T~Mobile.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Click the chatbot link at the bottom of this page and start in to contacting the support people. You will need to verify your access rights for each account.

It's actually 3G that is being shut down. T-Mobile bought Sprint and are turning off their LTE. But T-Mobile proper still has LTE.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@shadoplay   you should have come for support earlier

for voice, you can still use T-Mobile 2G network , it will work

For data and text, T-mobile and AT&T LTE will work

But it is too late now.  Since you didn't really use the service, I think CS agent will be able to process a refund.

open a ticket with PM CS Agent at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

start by typing : Contact CS Agent
then Click "Contact Us"
then Click "Other"
finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.