cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to activate an older phone

Lucrobi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Since the new go-live of the site, and the requirement to get the app on the phone to complete activation. How on earth (and i'm being extremely polite because i'm cursing like a sailor right now 😡) are you suppose to activate an older phone (android 6 for example) or a flip phone without the app? it's basically a mobile browser connected to this site and slow.

5 REPLIES 5

Lucrobi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'll try to swap sim cards tomorrow. I was trying to finish that activation through a teamviewer session with my mother in law on her laptop over a video call on messenger for the last 45min, so you can guess my current state of mind. They are 1h drive always, but fortunately they have a medical appointment tomorrow and can come over.

Thanks for the idea, and you're right sansan  could have been less abrasive. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Lucrobi   The app can also be downloaded to an iPad or even an iPod Touch if you have access to either

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

I feel your pain. Good restraint on your part, but a little bit more is still requires. Just saying, we are all customers like you, so your complaints are not really going where you would like it to go. As a customer for 3-4 years yourself you should know that.

That being said you do require a smartphone to download the app. A trusted friend or lived one can download the app on their own phone and help with the account activation,  after that you can you the website only. That is what I did.

So you or someone else you trust, can download the app on behalf of your friend and help with the setup and delete the app once successful from that phone.  Just ensure that the sim card is in the phone that needs to be activated. 

Follow the steps on line and that should help. Should be it not,  you can submit a ticket here and hopefully they can assist you further. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Lucrobi 

Sorry to hear about your troubles. 

Other customers have used a friend's or family's members smart phone to finish the activation on the PM app.  Once the phone is activated, you can delete the app from the smart phone. 

Put the SIM card in your phone and the service should be working. 

You can also private message CSA directly if needed.  

Send a private message to CSA through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Lucrobi 

I would suggest you get a family or friend member with a newer phone and download the app and activate the new SIM. Once it is activated, you can manage your account online but have them deleted the app once everything is working fine.

But remember to make note of your login email and password so you can get the 2FA code when you try to login your account through Eversafe ID.

i can see more of this issue when Canada will decommission 3G in 2024 where people with older phones that doesn’t have 4G/LTE or 5G.

Need Help? Let's chat.