Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how are you, happy mothers day

antonietta
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

to all the moms happy 😊 ❤ day always ❤ 

my question is more of a technical issue that suddenly occurred last month 

my iphone 📱 6 was working Lay's last 3 years here but suddenly found my phone not working and in the end I figured out that my sim card stopped reading info 🙃 and added Ota friends sim which also did not wowork. I even replaced the sim card and it did not work but the sims worked on other phones .

conclusion I replaced the phone with a iPhone 7 and it finally works.

what can I do with my old iPhone 6 as it does not seem to read the sims inserted including the sim that currently works 🤔 now.

its a shame to have a 👌 perfect phone which I now use as extra with wifi but want to gift my nephew 💙 with a public line but I cannot get it to read the SIM

so many attempts but it just always rereads no SIM although the sims work with other phones 🙄 

It's tough to get this resolved .

good luck to anyone who experiences this 

ps. phone cannot be damaged by reading and sim is good i know there cNnot be damage 😢 because i never touched anything for 3 years 

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @antonietta yes, you can use VoIP for calls and seems like you don't need the cell service.  But truth is you still need a data plan so the VoIP plan will work when you have no wifi..and for the app to work.  But yes, I know people have good data plan like $5 for 4GB, those are good deals 

antonietta

yes 👍 👍 👍 so many numbers available why do we need public 🤔 mobile 📱 or cell but i love 💘 the reward system 😀 here and after 3 years 😀 pretty happy with the incoming free 😀 plan but have to keep up to date 📅 currently I am owed reward hopefully I receive my funds .  I want it 

😆 had to pay voucher due to credit card 💳 replacement 😑 

thanks for the text now or text me odea but we have also messenger and what's app. 

@antonietta

Just had another thought…why don’t you download the TextNow app on the iPhone 6 and pick a backup number for free wifi texting and calling!!!!

@antonietta 

Yes, it would be a good phone for your grandson but backup everything to the cloud first so you won’t loss everything and the phone.

antonietta

never i recycle ♻️ this phone 📱 it works so fine 🙂 enjoying it with wifi and a second phone 

it is a perfect phone 📱 for my grandson 

antonietta

the YouTube video is very good answer thank you that is very good but for me still learning about stuff 😀 to connect to a laptop 💻 😀 in itself is a process to learn on yiu tube 

thank u

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@antonietta 

Before you recycle or sell the iPhone 6 as parts. I would suggest you do a DFU on the phone.

Sometime this will reboot the motherboard and get it working again but you need to connect it up on a computer or laptop and open Apple iTunes.

There are a lot of videos on YouTube on how to DFU your phone or if there is an Apple Genius store in your area. Have them do it for you and have them check out the rest of the iPhone.

Not worth repairing because it will cost a lot to repair.

Need Help? Let's chat.