cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

esim not activating

SteveDDD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

followed all the steps when starting a new service, iphone se, number port from virgin, everything went great and as expected but at the end of it, get error msg ....esim not activated, call provider... did network rest on phone also,removed old sim, still no luck

10 REPLIES 10

SteveDDD

we finally got it sorted , phone is 2nd gen SE , we went to store got physical sim card, still did. not work but was actually phone itself, sim worked in any other phone here.. so we just upgraded his phone and service works great .. some emei block i figure ( phone works fine with bell virgin but shows unlocked) …. end result is we are solved and working, was good learning curve for me going with public mobile.. i now know how to get answers and solutions 🙂 thankx  for all the help from everyone:)

hi @SteveDDD 

which SE do you have?? 1st gen? 

Anyway, get a PM sim card from Telus or Koodo or Amazon.ca, you can then change sim card from My Account, Profile page

SteveDDD

had no luck with the agent, was told iphone se going to need physical sim not esim, must have physical sim as primary on iphone se

SteveDDD

esim clearly showing installed and in order and on for voice and data

HI @SteveDDD 

so, eSIM clearly showing installed on the phone?

and you are using iPhone or Android?

if iPhone, make sure the phone number associated with the eSIM is set as Primary and enable Turn on this line

If same, please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

SteveDDD

the public mobile app on the phone says i have service..

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SteveDDD 

Please reach out to customer service if the eSIM is enabled and isn’t activating after a reboot. I would guess that there was a SIM provisioning error and they can fix it on their end.

Please click this link below to message customer service:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on your mailbox here as that is where your reply will come in (envelope icon on desktop, click your avatar icon in the corner and then click messages if on mobile).

SteveDDD

Esim is there, all looks good, removed my other sim just in case it was causing issues, did network reset.. still not authurized

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@SteveDDD wrote:

followed all the steps when starting a new service, iphone se, number port from virgin, everything went great and as expected but at the end of it, get error msg ....esim not activated, call provider... did network rest on phone also,removed old sim, still no luck

@SteveDDD Are you completing the activation using the app? I believe that is required.

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SteveDDD 

When you go into your cellular settings do you see the eSIM listed there? If it is there, please click on it and make sure it’s selected as the primary SIM and that turn on this line is enabled. Then you can reboot your device.

If it isn’t listed there, you can try manually adding the eSIM with the QR provided in the welcome email from PM. If you didn’t receive a welcome email with a QR code you can reach out to customer service to re-issue one for you.

Please click this link below to message customer service:

Keep an eye on your mailbox here as that is where your reply will come in (envelope icon on desktop, click your avatar icon in the corner and then click messages if on mobile).

Need Help? Let's chat.